Untitled Part

He stood there, staring over the horizon of the ocean. Im getting too old for this, he thought. He snapped one last picture of the sunset before heading back to his hut a little ways into the brush. He opened the door to find everything exactly the way he had left it; the printed photographs held down by various smooth rocks on his work bench, the printer in the corner of the bench, his laptop in the middle, and to the right a makeshift bed and his suitcase that he used as a bedside table. Of course it would be the same; he was alone on this island. No one at all to ever disturb him, other than the occasional pesky rodent that decided he was brave enough to venture into this mans hut, or the monkey hed named Thief coming to look for food in the middle of the night. The desk was low, so as to use the floor as a chair. He sat down in front of his laptop, bones creaking and moaning as he went down. He opened it up and started the process of loading the photos hed taken that day onto the laptop. He opened the camera up to get the memory card out, put the card into the slot on the laptop, and transferred the photos. It took a while, since his technology was outdated, but it still worked well enough for what he needed. He fiddled around with the previous days photos as he waited. The transfer had finally completed. He made sure the printer was on and hit print on his laptop. He got up and took his bamboo cup from next to his bed to fill it with water that he had collected earlier that day. He took a long drink before placing it back next to his bed still half full. He lay down and allowed the sound of the printer to lull him to sleep.

He should have woken when the printer was done, but he didnt. He should have woken from the loud storm that hit later that night, but he didnt. He should have woken the next morning when the sun rose, but he didnt.