"Sorry, I forgot again that I'm your helper. I've never had to be the helper for a new student before. So I'm not used to it."

"Well, I hope you won't forget again." Said Wang Yibo, still holding Zhan's wrist.

"Promise. From now on, I'll be more attentive and won't forget it. Now let's go downstairs. Maybe we can get some of the good stuff in the cafeteria."

"Well, I don't need that. I brought my breakfast. But if you're in a hurry, let's run downstairs real fast." Said Wang Yibo and took Zhan's hand, intertwined their fingers and ran off with him.

They passed many students and everyone stared at them. Zhan was embarrassed to run around the school building with another boy no matter how handsome he looked. This had not been normal for Zhan. He had never even held hands with Chuyue and he had known him since the fourth class.

When they reached the cafeteria in the basement, Chuyue was still standing in line waiting. But Zhan could already see that all the good things were gone and so he called Chuyue and gave him a sign. Chuyue lowered his shoulders and came back to Zhan. In the meantime, Wang Yibo had also let go of Zhan's hand.

"I don't understand how the milk and rolls can be all gone when it's our turn." Bitched Chuyue.

"Well, I think some teachers let their students go down earlier. Or they just don't make enough rolls and order not enough milk." Zhan said.

They went back up the basement stairs with Wang Yibo and outside to the yard where Zhan saw his stepbrothers, who of course had rolls and milk. Wen Xu and Wen Chao approached Zhan and asked him amused and to annoy him, "Oh, did our poor stepbrother not get anything to eat? Maybe you should speed up a bit next time, you lame snail."

"What kind of lunatics are you?" Asked Wang Yibo and pushed Zhan's stepbrothers further away from Zhan.

"We're not lunatics. I am Wen Xu, and the one next to me is my twin brother, Wen Chao. We are the stepbrothers of Xiao Zhan, although we usually never admit it."

"True, I wouldn't admit it either if I had stupid stepbrothers like you." Said Wang Yibo, leaving Zhan's two stepbrothers speechless.

However, they didn't leave without Wen Xu turning around to Wang Yibo again and saying, "Because you are handsome, I forgive you. But remember, next time better be nice to me."

When a group of girls came out of the school building, Chuyue ran to them. He's been dating Maya, a student from the parallel class for six months. Zhan shook his head with a smile when he saw Chuyue running to Maya and hugging her joyfully while he forgot everything around him.

"Do you have a girlfriend too?" Wang Yibo asked.

"Uh, no. I have not." Zhan replied.

"Good, then I need not fear you will leave me standing here alone to spend the break with her."

"Certainly not. But I thought you said you brought your breakfast."

"Yes, why?"

"Well, you didn't bring it downstairs."

"Oh, damn it. I forgot in the hurry." Wang Yibo replied

"Let's go get it before the break is over." Said Zhan, and together they went upstairs, back to their classroom.

Wang Yibo took his breakfast from his backpack and then looked at Zhan asking questions. "What will you eat now?"

"Oh hehe, I'll just wait for lunch." Zhan said, and to his displeasure, his stomach growled at that moment.

"Your stomach doesn't seem to want to wait that long."

"It must. I didn't bring myself anything."

"Why not?"

"Um, my stepmother doesn't like it when I take her good bread, and other bread was not at home."

"What, her good bread?" Wang Yibo asked and Zhan shrugged. He didn't know how to explain it to him. Not in this short time, and certainly not to a stranger.

Since Wang Yibo apparently quickly noticed that Zhan didn't want to talk about it, he pulled Zhan into the classroom, closed the door and spread his breakfast on his table. " Feel free to help yourself. I can't eat it all anyway." He said and even handed Zhan one of his two milks.

"Oh um, that's nice. But I can't accept this."

"Then I'll just have to throw away what's left. Would you prefer this?"

"Of course not."

"Then sit down and eat with me."

Shyly, Zhan sat down on the empty seat next to Wang Yibo and ate a piece of green cucumber. Wang Yibo looked at him grinning, shook his head and pressed a sandwich into Zhan's hand. "Eat it, it will make you feel fuller."

Zhan thanked him and ate the sandwich, which he thought was the best sandwich he had ever eaten. And Wang Yibo watched him eat it with delight, and then pressed another sandwich into his hand. And a tomato, two cheese cubes and a chocolate bar.

"Will you fatten me up?" Zhan asked.

"No. But I don't like candy, and you look like you'd like it."

"Mmm, I like it. But I haven't eaten any in a long time." Last time Zhan ate a candy bar was when Miss Ann worked for his stepmom, and he often had to help her cook dinner.

But after Miss Ann quit, because she was old and had to live with her son and his wife, he stopped eating candy bars. Since his mother let him buy some, but did not allow him to eat one now and then.

"How long since you've eaten any?"

"About four years. Yes, four years. At that time I had just got Lan Zhan the second."

"Who is Lan Zhan?"

"My white bunny."

"And his name is Lan Zhan the second?"

"Mhm. The first one died unfortunately, and I just named my other bunny Lan Zhan the second."

"Wow, I have a black bunny, and his name is Wei Ying. It's also my second rabbit and the first one was called Wei WuXian."

"Really? I wanted to have a black one then too. But then I saw the white one and immediately fell in love with the little guy. He was my best friend and the only thing my stepmom didn't grab."

"Sounds like your stepmother isn't very nice."

"Mm. She never liked me and it got worse after my dad died."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I have a stepmother too, but she's very nice. My mother died shortly after I was born. The doctors at that time could not explain why they did not discover sooner that she was seriously ill. And four years after my mother died, my father remarried. He asked my big brother and me if we were okay with it. Of course we did, she was a good stepmother from the beginning and made our dad happy again."

"That sounds like a fairy tale. My stepmother is anything but nice. You've met my two stepbrothers. Just think of them as being 10 times worse."

"So it's like in a fairy tale? What was it called again? Oh, yeah, Cinderella."

"If you're trying to say that I'm Cinderella, I'm kind of uncomfortable with it. After all, Cinderella is a beautiful smart woman and I'm Zhan, a guy."

"You should take a look in the mirror. You are also beautiful and I'm sure you are smart too." Replied Wang Yibo and Zhan's cheeks immediately blushed again

"Except in English and sports, I am a complete zero."

"We can change that. Let me help you."

"I don't think it will work. And when I think of sports day in a month, I already get stomach ache. There will be more tests and competitions. And I'll make a real fool of myself again."

Wang Yibo grabbed the hand of Zhan and said, "I'll help you. I promise I'll make you fit by then."

Zhan didn't know what to say and just nodded.