Violin Sonata no. 5 in F Major, Spring

"Celie is retired, Larry. And she doesn't perform this song. She never has."

"I know. I'm sorry, but we have to ask," he said apologetically, holding his palms up in surrender. "It's a great draw."

"She's never going to agree to that. Playing a piano concerto with the orchestra, maybe, but not Minamahal Kita," Nora insisted, shaking her head as their salads arrived. Sure she might have chopped her salad a little too small, out of frustration, but it was fine. Better her food than Larry's head.

"Can she not play any more?"

"Grabe ka. Can't is different from won't," Nora reminded him.

"I'm sure she'll listen to you, Nora. I mean, you're practically her shadow, am I right?"

Nora didn't mind that comparison. She really didn't. Celie was a phenomenally talented musician, respected in her field. Who wouldn't want to be her shadow? But still, the description rankled her, like it did when Vince had mentioned it earlier. Nora was already generally ignored as a person, did she really need to hear it professionally as well?

"So you're going to ask Celie, right? I mean, imagine the marketing for this thing," Larry was saying, oblivious to her turmoil. "Celie Lacuesta's comeback, and playing Minamahal Kita to boot. Tickets will sell faster than you can say 'food trend.'"

She smiled along and pretended to think about it, all the while dumping all of the sugar syrup provided into her iced tea glass and stirring vigorously. The plastic stirrer for the iced tea snapped in between Nora's thumb and pointer finger. Larry raised a brow at her.

"Galit ka, girl?"

She opened her mouth to answer when music swelled from the string quartet on the dais behind them. It made sense that it would, there was a string quartet and a piano up there, after all. But the sound had made Nora stop and listen because it didn't sound like it was part of the quartet's usual repertoire. A few notes later, she knew why. They were playing Beethoven's Violin Sonata No. 5 in F Major, Spring. A violin sonata accompanied by a piano, Nora always found the piece energetic and exciting, radiating the joy of spring. Whoever was playing the violin seemed to radiate that happiness just as well. They were really good too.

Out of curiosity, she turned her head to see who was playing.

Is that...?

"Leo?" she gasped. She probably should have just walked over, or asked the waitress if they were aware that a former member of the Windermere Symphony had commandeered their string quartet, but she really couldn't move. Could barely form any other word aside from his name, because, oh my god.

He was here.

The music stopped midway through the allegro movement, and sure enough, Leo and his floppy dark hair looked up from the violin. Then his face did that thing where it lit up everything within a three mile radius because he was just so damn happy. Nora hated to admit this, but her heart gave a dozen tiny flips in every direction when she saw that smile.

"Nora!" He yelled from the raised dais. "Holy shit, it's you!"

Every head in the lobby turned in the direction of the voice.

"Stay right there, don't move!" he yelled, his voice booming through the hotel, and the man put aside the violin and just...leaped across the lobby lounge. He even jumped over a couch, like he just couldn't be bothered with mundane things like walking around a couch. Nora gasped, and was about to tell him to be careful, but then it was too late. He was right in front of her, larger than life, smiling like a loon and slightly out of breath.

Wow.

Nora never thought she would star in moments like this. Fat girls never did get these sweeping, grand gesture moments, like the ones she saw in movies and Broadway plays. But Leo seemed to be a man incapable of living his life any other way. And like he was in the last scene of an epic romance, he swept her into his arms, his green eyes shimmering with excitement and happiness.

"May I kiss you, Nora?" He murmured. She nodded, and he planted her lips with the hottest kiss she'd ever received in her life. Nora's knees went weak and she clutched at his shirt to keep herself steady.

She could imagine the titles now. And they lived happily ever after.

He was still a little short of breath, and Nora was just as breathless. They were smiling, happy, surprised and giddy little kids, like nothing had changed.

"Hi," he murmured, a grin playing on his lips as the tip of his nose brushed hers. His hands wrapped around her waist and he pulled her closer. Her body pressed against his, and she liked having him in her arms, feeling the weight of him, breathing in the scent of sunblock and clean soap.

"You didn't call."

"My phone drowned in the pool after a horrific bird accident," he explained, his face scrunched up like he knew his excuse was full of shit. "I am so sorry for making you wait."

"That wasn't very smart," she frowned. She shouldn't be so caught up in this moment. She was made of sterner stuff than this. Nora's heart wouldn't feel so fragile if she was tougher. Except it was hard to be tough when a man just swept you off your feet.

"I thought I blew my chance with you," Leo said, pressing a hand to her cheek as if he was making sure she was real. "I should have called the second I realized you were gone."

"Are you staying in Manila?"

"For as long as you want me."

"Sorry to interrupt this little powwow," Larry said, bursting the little bubble that had instantly shielded them from the real world. The noise of the lobby came back, and while a few people were still watching them with interest, the others resumed paying attention to their own business. Meanwhile, Larry was practically buzzing with excitement, his phone pointed at Nora and Leo. "But...aren't you Leo Solano? How do you know Nora?"