Chapter 8: Stain vs the Boy in Bandages

Mulai dari awal

The boy (somehow) figures out his passcode and then did something in his contacts. He really hoped that he'd sent out a location for help.

Finally he decided to speak as he saw his phone drop to the ground. "What do you think you're doing? Get out of here! This isn't your fight!" The boy looked at him with a hesitant and scared expression before standing and facing the Hero Killer, who stood a ways away and looked on curiously.

"Who are you? Some hospital run away?" Stain said as he approached.

The boy held up the knife in a way that said he carried experience as his eyes narrowed, studying the man.

"Can you even talk?" The man asked.

He shrugged.

"You should get out of here now while you can. I don't like killing children, but I will if I have to," Stain spoke deeply. Threatening.

The boy held the knife up in response to the killer's threat and his eyes gleamed.

"Then purge," He spoke.

What followed was a blur of movement as both males clashed their blades together. Stain tried to use the boy's sprained ankle against him, but the boy jumped in time to get a slash on the man's arm. It wasn't a large cut, but it was deep enough to coat the knife in blood as Stain held the injury. The boy was clearly skilled with a knife.

They circled each other in the narrow alleyway, Stain's face growing in interest, as the boy's eyes were narrowed and his mouth contorted into a scowl.

"You're faster than you look, kid. I'll give you that. And even with an injured leg. Although, you look used to fighting while hurt," Stain said while eyeing the bandages, still soaked in blood from beneath.

The boy growled lowly, all previous hesitation gone in the face of the killer.

"You won't leave, will you? You'll fight until you die, just to save these two fakes?" Stain seethed as he glanced in the direction of Tenya and Native, who lay against the wall of the alley next to him, staring at the two in both horror and frustration at the fact he couldn't move to stop what was happening.

Growling again as confirmation, the boy spread his feet into a guarding stance in front of Tenya and stopped the circling.

"Maybe you are worth letting live," The man whispered to himself.

He charged the boy once more, katana posed in attack, and the boy parried it before slipping behind stain and going to strike at his other arm, aiming for the artery. Stain flipped around faster than Tenya could blink and cut the boy across the cheek.

Blood coated the sword at the tip as the boy's face bled from the small cut. It did nothing to stop him though as he brought the knife down anyway and cut across Stain's chest. It wasn't deep enough to stop him.

Stain quickly licked the blade and Tenya watched as the boy fell to the ground with a thud, the knife slipping out of his lax hand and hitting the cement with a clank. Desperation painted the boy's face as he watched Stain turn and walk towards Tenya and Native. The boy sent silent pleas, mouthing for him to stop but was never heard.

And just before Stain could end Tenya's life, as the acceptance fell over and he resigned to his fate, ice came flying into the alleyway, freezing all its occupants and forcing the Hero killer away as an ice ramp pulled them towards the sender.