Chapter 21: Eden

Chapter 21: Eden

I must have broken the sound barrier between Ryan's house and mine. I was completely out of breath by the time I forced my door open. What I found on the other side was the most beautiful sight I had ever seen.

It wasn't the dozens of upon dozens of bouquets of white wild flowers consuming every surface. Not even the plethora of candid shots of the two of us on our many lunch dates got a second glance because my eyes were glued to the Angel in front of me.

Doom Morningstar is kneeling in the center of my small apartment. His dark waves are gracefully brushing the shoulders so used to carrying the world. His chest is on full display with his ebony wings stretched to their full span. His jeans are the only item of clothing covering his perfect physique.

I am so consumed by the ecstasy I feel by finally seeing my Doom, that it takes me a moment to register the black velvet box in his outstretched hand.

"Cherub, I'm not a good man. I'm incredibly shellfish. So selfish in fact, that I want you all to myself. I know I don't deserve to call you mine, but I want to spend the rest of my immortal life trying to be. Eden Maxwell, will you please..."

I smother his question by capturing his lips in an aggressive demanding kiss. "Of course, I'll marry you. I've been going out of my mind thinking you were done with me."

I didn't even realize I was crying until the pad of Doom's thumb rubs across my wet cheek. "I could never give you up, cherub. You are my everything."

His sweet words only further my resolve. "You couldn't get rid of me if you tried. Haven't you heard? I'm you're new stalker."