-Eight- Over the Months

Start from the beginning

Wil worked closely with George to try and set up a timeline. It started with the attack of Dream, then there was the attack they were at, then the murder. Then it got tricky. There were attacks without precise times and attacks that were probably not even reported. There were a few more murders- not many, so Wil and George concluded that was not the goal of the organization.

The trail went cold soon. Attacks stopped happening. Or they stopped being reported. It was hard to tell. Soon enough, a few disappearances cropped up, but things were quiet. Wilbur didn't like it. Something was up.

Wilbur also continued his busking. He really didn't need to, but he enjoyed playing music and the money was nice. It was hard to fit into his schedule, but he found time.

Phil spend most of his time working with the Clingys. He was with them almost all the time, whether he was helping them learn tactics or making them spar. He'd been the first of the Sleepy Bois to be a hero, and he'd helped to train each of them.

Phil wasn't from Illosia originally- few were, with it being a new city and all. He'd been one of the first heroes here and he'd helped build the base for the Guardians. He'd also done some hero work before that, specifically in the so called 'prototype' of Illosia. He'd spent five years there, before the incident... He didn't like to think about that.

The Guardians organization had been wonderful to see it at it's peak. It was less wonderful now. But the Clingys were living proof that they were probably on the up. Probably.

Phil kept training with the Clingys after the three-month regime, but to a lesser extent. They usually got together with the rest of the Sleepy Bois to train in the morning. After lunch, Tommy usually asked him to train some more. Phil didn't mind- the Clingys were usually friendly, even if they (mostly Tommy) had a harsh shell.

They may have been individually busy, but they always made time for the rest of the group. Every Friday, before patrol with the Clingys, Phil cooked dinner and they all ate together, laughing and talking about their weeks.

---------

Bad and Skeppy were preparing, but this time for something different.

They spent their time trying to figure out how to be vigilantees. Skeppy kept doing his street show to bring in money. Bad had a job as a florist, but the street show brought in more money than that. 

Bad spent time outside of work researching. He looked up ways to fight, how to do first aid, and where to buy some of the things they'd need. He figured he could pass most of this stuff off as research for a book. He also bought some things- A new set of throwing knives, a new gun (he also took another gun safety course, just to refresh.)  a new hoodie and a black facemask for him. He bought Skeppy a blue hoodie and a blue facemask.

The first thing Skeppy did was draw a mouth on the facemask, much to Bad's dismay.

Bad also bought a gym membership for them both. He got them both into a routine of going there every morning before they went off to work. Despite Bad being resistant of the whole vigilante plan at first, he got into it, maybe even more that Skeppy. He was very enthusiastic about all of this once he forgot how much danger it could put them in.

Bad taught Skeppy how to throw knives, too. It was mutually frustrating. Bad already had the required muscle memory and it was hard to remember that Skeppy hadn't developed it yet. Skeppy got frustrated easily when things didn't go his way and was impatient with himself.

They made progress, though. They might have made it slowly, but they made it. Skeppy ended up hitting the bullseye most of the time, instead of never. The duo got noise complaints the first time he hit it, both of them whooped so loud. It ended up being a past-time to practice, instead of a burden.