-Two- First Night-

George and Sapnap were prepared.

George had returned home and put the groceries away. Sapnap rushed about in a slight panic, picking up the many items strewn across the floor. George helped him once he finished with the groceries.

After finishing cleaning, they ordered some pizza and cleaned themselves up to meet their new roommate. They set the pizza out on the table and turned on the TV to wait with.

They were sure they were prepared for whoever came through the door.  All they knew so far was that he went by Dream and he could pay a part of the rent. It would have been much smarter to find someone they already knew, but they hadn't thought of that in the moment. Past is past, now they were gonna have to live with whoever walked through the door.

He seemed nice enough, based on the messages sent back and forth between them

Soon enough, there was a knock on the door. George got up and went to open it.

George and Sapnap were not prepared.

Dream was tall, with dirty blonde hair. He wore a green hoodie. His face was covered by a white mask with a simple smile on it. Odd, but not too unusual in this world. Most likely, he had a power like George's that related to his eyes.

The next thing to notice about Dream would be the gash through his hoodie and the blood which made the green hoodie turn brown.

He looked George up and down. George wondered how he could see for a second, but was knocked out of his thoughts as Dream spoke.

"Hey, is this the right place? I'm supposed to be rooming here and I, uh," He gestured at his wound. "I kinda need some assistance."

Sapnap turned around and looked at dream. There was a second of silence. 

Sapnap broke it. "Yeah, this is the right place."

----------

Wilbur, Techno, and Phil were preparing.

They ate and then began to suit up. Contrary to popular belief, superhero costumes weren't all that fancy. Most superheroes had to do costumes on a low budget and these were no different. Doesn't mean they didn't look good, though.

The trio gathered their weapons and walked out of their house, down to the Guardians Hub. The tall building was where the heroes of the city gathered to do official stuff and check-in for patrols and missions. The group checked in and began walking around the city.

Patrols were looked down on by most heroes. Who would want to walk around the city for hours when you could just sign up to do big raids or manhunts for certain criminals?

The hero team of Sleepy Bois Inc., of course. Techno had been in his fair share of large hero events and just preferred to walk around the city with his team. Wilbur and Phil generally agreed with that sentiment. It was just easier and better to work with friends.

 The group just walked and talked through the city. The sun was setting and the city started getting dark. The night air was cool and music from buskers or clubs kept the atmosphere nice. The group was about halfway through their patrol and the night seemed to be shaping out to be calm. 

Techno much preferred this type of patrol to the ones full of action. Too many of those had happened recently. Something seemed to be stirring in the underground of the city.

And honestly? Techno was good leaving that to someone else. He wasn't a fan of situations that could get too dangerous. He was happy with how his life was now. He didn't want one of his friends to get hurt.