chapter 1

𝐜𝐡

𝐜𝐡. 𝟏: 𝐢'𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐢

There were many ways I could've responded to being told that I was in Prythian but of course I chose to laugh in the High Lord of the Spring Court's face whose very court I had landed myself in.

Despite the very awkward, highly unpromising start we got off to, I found myself slowly becoming friends with the High Lord. Don't get me wrong the minute he formally introduced himself as Tamlin I wanted nothing more than to slap him across the face, knock some sense into him about treating his court and ex-lover, then throw him off a cliff and call it justice for Feyre.

That would've been a terrible choice on my part because, after further examination, Tamlin was still sending members of his court over the wall as wolves to hopefully break Amarantha's curse. He hadn't even met Feyre yet. I concluded that I had accidentally traveled to the Spring Court sometime before A Court of Thorns and Roses.

I also hadn't met Lucien yet and didn't want to ask Tamlin about it because as far as he knew, I didn't even know Lucien existed.

So I spent two weeks living at Rosehall spending my days in the library reading books from Tamlin's massive collection. On day one, I discovered that my shape-shifting abilities had a mind of their own and changed me to look high fae from the moment I landed in Prythian. I could still appear human if I wanted to so that was good.

On day two of living at the manor, I discovered that letting my power flow through me allowed me to see the lesser fae and feel the magic buzzing in the air. I then ventured down to the kitchen and after begging the cook, was allowed to bake cookies that I forced Tamlin to try. He won't admit it out loud but he thought that they were delicious and asked me to make them again the following week.

A handful of days were spent hanging out with Tamlin who kind of adopted me (does that exist in Prythian?) as a little sister. We would roam the grounds close to the manor when it was safe and sometimes he would join me in the library. Getting to know him made me feel a tiny bit guilty about the whole Feyre situation but Feysand is endgame so Tam can get a redemption arc.

It was in the middle of the third week during breakfast when Tamlin broke the news that his emissary was returning the following day.

• ☼ •

After Tamlin announced that Lucien was going to be back tomorrow morning, I asked him if he told Lucien that I was staying at Rosehall and of course Tamlin hadn't. After lecturing him about the dangers of withholding information, I wandered back up to my room to go back to sleep since I had stayed up into the early hours of the morning finishing a book. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out like a light.

• ☼ •

"You're an idiot."

I whipped around and sent a guilty smile at Levi. My older brother wasn't actually here although he could probably teleport here if he wanted to. Communicating through dreams happens when one person sends their consciousness into another's dream.