Not A Fair Ending

Stone walks into the facility with his bag carrying his laptop and other stuff. He walks to the female agent. "hi". Stone says. She turns around to face him. "oh hi". She says smiling. He smiles back. "good news, I am available all day long so we can continue our search project". She says. "yeah, I'm also free from other work". He responds. "shall we?! Stone says. "we shall". She says and follows stone to the 'evil' lab where stone only has access too knowing the codes. Stone sits down on the main chair. He types in some commands and menus pop up. "here I got a list of dimensions and the computer is already eliminating thousands of them which aren't the dimension he's on. Stone says while continuing typing. He let's something come into vision, the footage of the last sighting of Robotnik before he disappeared into the ring portal. The female agent looks at it and then at stone. She couldn't see Stone his face right now but she was certain that it was a heartbreaking look. She lands her hand on stone his shoulder. "hey, we're going to find him and get him back". She says. Stone sighs softly and looks down. "you're staying here, I'm going to the crime scene". Stone says while looking now back up slowly at the footage. She frowns a little. "I can come along with you". She says. "stay here and do some more research and let me know if the computer has found something". Stone says while grabbing his jacket and car keys. She nods and has her vision back to the screen. Stone gets into a car and drives to the town where it all happened. Green hills. He passes the welcome sign and looks at his navigation driving to the street of the footage. He parks his car on one of the parking spots and starts to walk to the place where once sonic was when he stood back up. He looks around. No single scratch or sign that their was any fight going on. He looks back down the street now standing on the middle of the road. Facing the way sonic did when it happened. Stone sees it happening in flashes, memories even like he was there. He sees the aircraft getting hit by sonic over and over again until the final blow threw the aircraft with robotnik inside through. Robotniks scream he hears haunting him. Stone sees the final hit of sonic playing in slowmotion. Stone couldn't hold it back and tears began to form in his eyes. His legs became heavy and so he drops to the floor on his knees and hands crying not sobbing to loud. Stone doesn't notice the car stopping behind him and a man stepping out of the car. It was the sheriff of the town. "sir". The officer said stepping closer to Stone. "sir, is everything alright?!". He asks while stepping infront of him. "sir, your in the middle of the road". The sheriff spoke. Stone looks up slowly at the man. Tom notices that the man has been crying. "sir, what's wrong?!". He asks calmly. Stone takes a good look at the man and then slowly stands up wiping his tears away. He now looks at the officer who still has a questioning and concerned face. "what's your name sir?!". Tom asks. "Aban". Stone answers. "Aban, do you need anything like some water perhaps?!". He responds. Stone looks at his own holster with a gun and draws it out pointing it at Tom. "you toke him from me". Stone says. Tom moves his hand slowly to his own gun but stone notices and grabs it before he could. Tom lifts up both of his hands in the air. "Aban, I don't know what you are talking about". He says. "you know exactly who, the one you and your little friend send off to another dimension!". Stone says raising his voice in pure emotion. Tom looks understanding like back at Stone. "that was for everyone's safety". Tom says. "safety?! Isn't your job to keep everyone safe?! The doctor is also a human being who you were supposed to protect! He was your colleague, you both work for the government! You betrayed him and me!". Stone says pouring all of his emotions out. "what was your relationship with the doctor?!". Tom asks. "I was his personal assistant". Stone says like the open book he is. Tom nods. "we will figure out a way, okay?! But not like this, you can put the gun down now, please". Tom says. "no". Stone says while loading the gun. "killing me or anyone isn't going to get the doctor back, I can tell that your a good guy, you will do anything for the doctor but I don't think he would approve of your behavior right now". Tom says. Stone begins to shake trying to hold back tears. Tom takes a glance behind Stone and sees that Sonic has arrived. Stone pushed down on the trigger a little but sonic grasped both guns out of his hands. Stone fell back by surprise and looks down at the ground while sobbing. Sonic looked at Tom with a sad face. Stone gets up and walks to his car. "Aban". Tom shouts but Stone ignores it and starts the car and drives back to the lab. He parks the car and goes back into the evil lab. "the computer is still searching". She says while looking at Stone. "you look a mess, what happened?!". She asks. Stone doesn't answer and sits back down in the chair. "Aban". She said while they both heard a knock on the door of the van.