Chapter 11 - Crazier

I've watched from a distance as you made life your own
Every sky was your own kind of blue
And I wanted to know how that would feel
And you made it so real
You showed me something that I couldn't see
You opened my eyes
And you made me believe
You lift my feet off the ground
You spin me around
You make me crazier, crazier
Feels like I'm fallin' and I am lost in your eyes
You make me crazier, crazier, crazier
Crazier, crazier, crazier

- "Crazier" – Taylor Swift

Taylor stood by the stage, looking at Nick and AJ through her camera lens. It was their first night in Paris and she couldn't wait for the concert to be over so that she could go out and venture in the city.

The guys had the next day off and had planned to stay in Paris an extra day and Taylor planned to take that as an opportunity to photograph a place that she had longed to visit.

You've been holdin' on so long, tryin' to make believe that nothing's wrong...

Taylor moved the camera from her face as Nick stared at her, singing a line from "You Can Let Go." It was definitely one of her favorite Backstreet Boys songs and Nick's verse was her favorite in the song.

Her attention turned from Nick to the audience, watching the girls in the front row scream his name as began singing to them. Sometimes she wondered if she was just another fan to him, but away from the stage, she knew that wasn't the case.

She knew he was her friend and she was his.

Deep down, she just wished she was more.

"Hey Taylor!" Taylor heard Nick yell as she walked past the dressing room after the show. She walked back to the door, seeing him button up his shirt. "Hey, you heading out? Going back to the hotel?"

"No, I wanted to go out and just look around so that I can know where to go tomorrow," she said as he smiled. "Why?"

"Mind if I join you?"

"No, I could use the company," Taylor said, pointing to the door. "I'll wait for you down there."

Nick smiled, watching Taylor as she walked away from the door. He grabbed his jacket and backpack and checked himself out in the mirror. He ran his fingers through his hair until he heard someone laughing.

"You look like shit regardless, Carter," AJ said as Nick sighed and looked at him. "Saw Taylor standing at the end of the hall. Ya'll got a hot date?"

"No, she wanted to go out and walk around because she's never been here and I asked if I could go too," Nick said, putting his backpack on his back. "She's got her camera with her so maybe she can take some pictures or something."

"If you don't tap that soon, I might," AJ laughed, noticing Nick glaring at him. "Seriously."

"See you tomorrow, AJ," Nick said, walking out of the door.

Taylor walked along side Nick down the streets of Paris. They weren't saying much to one another, but there wasn't much to say. Taylor was so taken aback by the beauty of the lights that she wasn't sure what to say to him.

Nick, on the other hand, was waiting for her to say something. He had things he wanted to say but didn't know how to bring them up. He couldn't help but think about what Brian had said to him a week before.

"Maybe I should come out tomorrow some and we can take some photos at the Eiffel Tower," Nick finally said as Taylor looked at him.

"Sounds good to me," she smiled. "It's so beautiful out here. If I had my extra flash with me, we could take some now but I didn't bring it tonight."

"That's fine," he said as he noticed Taylor putting her hands in her pockets. "Are you cold?"

"A little," she said, stopping to look up at the Eiffel Tower. "I just can't believe I'm standing here in front of it. I used to dream of coming here."

"Why's that?"

"Paris.... The most romantic city in the world," she said, realizing what had just came out of her mouth.

"It is kind of romantic out here, isn't it?" Nick said as she nodded. "Hey, want some hot chocolate or coffee?"

"Hot chocolate would be nice," she said, watching Nick as he walked up to a buggy that was on the side of the street, selling hot drinks. She sat down on a park bench and watched Nick as he walked back to her, holding two cups of hot chocolate. "Thanks."

"Not a problem," he said, sitting down next to her. "Three more weeks and the tour over here is over."

"Really?" she asked, looking at him. "I didn't realize that."

"Yeah, I want to start going over photos soon if that's okay," he said as she nodded. "For the book, you know." He watched her as she took a big sip of her hot chocolate and sighed, watching a couple walk by holding hands. "Jealous?"

"Of what?"

"That couple, holding hands," Nick said. "You said it's been a while since you were in a relationship."

Taylor didn't know what to say to him.

"Just kind of wish I had that to experience here," she whispered, tossing her empty cup in a trash can. "This city oozes romance, Nick."

"Wish you could experience it with me?" he asked as he turned to look at him.

"I'm not going there, Nick," she said, standing up. She started to walk away as Nick walked up behind her, grabbing her arm. "Nick..."

"Be honest with me," he said, staring in her eyes.

"Honest about what?"

"Is there anything you're not telling me?"

"I have to pee, does that count?" she asked as he smiled. "Nick, have I ever lied to you?" He shook his head. "Then why would I start now?"

"Because we slept together," he whispered. "And it freaked us both out. That would probably cause you to lie."

Taylor stared at him for a minute and then looked to her left, seeing the Eiffel Tower, lit up at night. She didn't know what she should say to Nick. She didn't know if she should just tell him the truth or continue to shrug it off.

"Taylor?" he asked, moving a strand of her blond hair out of her face that the wind had blown there.

"What if I did, Nick?" Taylor asked, looking back at him. "What if I did want to experience that with you? Would you want to experience that with me? No, you made that pretty clear so why do you even ask?"

"Because I wanted to know," he said as she started to walk away.

Suddenly she stopped and turned around to face him.

"Yes!" she practically screamed, stomping her feet on the ground. "I have always wanted you, Nick but after getting to know you, I've wanted you more..."

Nick listened to her as she started rambling on about how random things he does drives her crazy. He started to walk slowly towards her, listening to everything she said.

"... Then you tell me you want to be friends afterward and it's been driving me crazy," she said, glaring at him. "But you still treat me like you did before, wanting to spend time together like tonight. Fine, we're friends, but friends don't ask each other if they want to be romantic with one another like you did me and that drives me crazy!"

Nick didn't say anything. He grabbed her, pulling her closer to him and press his lips against hers. She gave into the kiss, relaxing her body against his.

He pulled away from the kiss, sucking on her bottom lip. He opened his eyes first, seeing her open hers slowly, staring into his.