Chapter 4 - Sparks Fly

The way you move is like a full on rainstorm
And I'm a house of cards
You say my name for the first time, baby and I
Fall in love in an empty bar
And you stood there in front of me
Just close enough to touch
Close enough to hope you couldn't see
What I was thinking of

- "Sparks Fly" by Taylor Swift

Taylor stood in the middle of a crowd a few nights later, staring at the guys on stage performing "Incomplete." She still couldn't believe that she was being paid to take photos of a group that she had loved for years.

Hell, she couldn't believe that her and Nick were becoming friends. She never realized that they had so much in common. Nick actually had an interest in photography, more than what Taylor had ever thought he would.

He wanted to learn how to become a photographer himself. He had his own equipment, but just didn't know what to do with it. He finally confessed to Taylor that's one reason why he wanted to do his own book for the fans, so that he could learn more about photography himself.

As the lights went dim on the arena, Taylor moved closer to the side of the stage as the lights came back up and Nick stood in the center of the stage with a single spotlight on him.

Suddenly the music to his solo song, "I Got You" began to play. Nick picked up a guitar, fastening the strap across his body and began to play along with the band.

People tell me to stay where you belong
But all my life I've tried
To prove them wrong

Taylor walked along the barrier against the stage to move closer to the center to get closer to him. She watched him as he continued to sing the lyrics and smiled when he noticed her below the stage.

But there are moments when you can't deny what's true
Just an ordinary day, like when I met you

Nick pointed at Taylor as he sung the line and she stopped snapping photos and moved the camera from her face.

The fangirl in her was about to squeal. Nick Carter just pointed at her while singing.

She shook her head. She had to snap out of it and be professional. This is what she was her for, to take photos and not to act like a fan when Nick sung one of her favorite songs.

As she moved the camera back to her face, "I Got You" turned into "Blow Your Mind." Nick put he guitar down and grabbed the microphone stand. Taylor began snapping photos as quickly as Nick moved across the stage.

He was so photogenic and he didn't realize it. His smile. His eyes. His nose. His lips. The camera loved everything about him and it made Taylor like him even more.

Taylor sighed, walking into a new hotel room later that night. After the concert, the majority of the people on the tour flew to another town to stay the night. The guys didn't have tour buses because with the price of fuel, it was cheaper to just fly to the next town.

She didn't know where she was now. She just knew that she was in Germany, in a place where she couldn't understand anything the people were saying, even when they spoke English. She placed her bags down beside the bag and put her computer and camera gear on a table next to the television.

She never realized that working on a musical tour was so much work. She knew it would involve a lot of traveling, but didn't know it would be so tiresome.

But regardless of how tired she was, she wanted to see the photos of the show that she had taken. That was one thing she loved, looking at the concert photos, any concert, as soon as he was able to.

Knock Knock

"Who is it?" Taylor asked as a door beside the table opened and Nick peeked his head in. "Hey, what is that?"

"Joining rooms," he smiled, drying his hair with a towel.

"You've already showered?" she asked as he sat down beside her at the table. "That was quick."

"You were downstairs talking with fans so I came on up and showered," he smiled. "What were you talking to them about? Better be careful. They'll think you're my girlfriend and they'll make a Yahoo! Group for you." Taylor laughed at that comment. It was so true.

"They asked and I assured them I wasn't and that I was a photographer. I had to show them my camera gear as proof," she said, causing him to chuckle. "Besides, I kind of like meeting them. I've talked to so many online, it's nice to meet some of them."

"That's pretty cool though," he said as Taylor brought up the photos from the concert. "That from tonight?"

"Yes they are," she smiled, flipping through them. "I try to go through them each night to pick out some that I like so that when we're done with this, we can have some to choose from for the book."

Nick smiled. "That's a pretty good idea," he said, leaning over to take a closer look at the photos. "These are amazing, Taylor."

"Well, I had a great subject," she said as he looked at her questionably. "I mean, you're very photogentic, Nick. I hope you know that."

"Are you trying to say I'm hot?" he asked. Taylor laughed at him. "That's what you're saying, isn't it?"

"Fine, you're not bad to look at," she said as she flip to the picture of him pointing at her during "I Got You."

"Did ya like that?" he smiled. She rolled her eyes and nodded. "I figured you would."

"And things like that will make people think that I'm your girlfriend," she said, looking at him only to realize his face was rather close to hers.

"Would that be such a bad thing?" he whispered as she looked into his eyes.

"Yes," she spat out. She stood up from her chair and the table and walked to the other side of the room. "No."

"Yes? No? Which is it?" Nick asked, wrapping the towel around his neck.

"What exactly are you asking? Me to be your girlfriend?"

"No..."

"Oh..."

"Just that would people thinking you're my girlfriend, would that be such a bad thing?" he asked, standing up.

"Since I'm here on business, yes," Taylor said, standing against the hotel room door.

"Admit it, you're attracted to me."

"Nick ..."

"Admit it," he said as she sighed, watching him walk closer to her.

"Don't use the fact that I'm a fan as a way to get me into bed because it's not happening," she blurted out as he started to laugh. "What's so funny?"

"I was testing you, Taylor," he said, walking up to her. She glared at him in return. "I wouldn't use the fact that you're a fan to get you into bed. I would use the fact that you have lousy taste in NASCAR drivers to get you into bed though."

"You suck," she smiled, shaking her head. "I'm going to take sucky pictures of you during the next show that make you have a triple chin."

"You can't make this look bad," he said as she walked back over to the table to look at the pictures. "Are you really pissed off?"

"A little," Taylor said as Nick sat back down beside her. "Want me to be honest?" Nick nodded. "As teenybopper as this sounds, you're my favorite Backstreet Boy."

"Really?"

"Yes and for you to pull that stunt, it makes the fangirl in me very pissed off," she said as he wrapped his arm around her neck and kissed her on the forehead. She moved her eyes over, staring at him as he smiled. "What was that for?"

"For being honest with me," he smiled. "For not falling to my unique seduction techniques..."

"Sweetie, those weren't seduction techniques," she smiled. "I know seduction techniques and that was laughable."

"If I were to come on to you, Taylor, you would know, trust me," he smiled. "Besides, you're a single girl. I could hit on you if I wanted to."

"What makes you think I'm single?"

"Because if you weren't, there's no way that your boyfriend would let you come on tour with a boyband," he said as she nodded. "See, I'm right." She looked at him and shook her head. "I'm right."

"You're right," she smiled.

"Besides, I think we make great friends," he said as she nodded.

Nick stood up and walked over to the dresser, looking at his hair in the mirror. Taylor looked over her shoulder at him and sighed, looking back at her computer at the picture of him pointing at her during "I Got You."

Yeah, great friends.