Upon our arrival, Asmau was swiftly taken by wheelchair into the emergency ward. Anxiety and fear consumed me as I tried to remain calm. I reached for my phone to inform our family; moments later, Mami, Maryam, Layla, and Abba arrived.

"My son," Mami embraced me tightly.

"Mami, I'm scared... so, so scared... Asmau and the baby," I said, my voice filled with worry.

"Abubakar, have faith. Asmau is a fighter. She will fight for her life and the baby's. We just have to keep praying," Mami reassured me, her voice soothing.

"Yes, Yaya. Aunty Ma'u is a fighter. Just calm down and trust her," Maryam added.

"Thank you," I managed to say, offering a small smile. It's all my fault. I shouldn't have argued with her about Iman.

"Have you informed her parents?" Mami asked.

"No, let me call them now," I replied, frantically searching for my phone.

"Don't worry, my son. I have already informed them," Abba announced, coming to us.

"Thank you, Dad," I said.

Minutes later, the Muhammad family arrived at the hospital. After exchanging pleasantries, everyone settled down, lost in their own thoughts and prayers.

When it was time for prayer, the men went to the hospital mosque, while the women headed to the female mosque. I prayed to Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala for the safety of my wife and unborn child, prolonging my prostration as I poured out my fears and hopes.

After prayers, we gathered back at the hospital. Layla approached me, concern evident in her eyes.

"Yaya, aren't you hungry?" she asked.

"No, Layla, thank you," I replied, my appetite diminished by worry.

"Okay, but please try not to worry too much. Aunty Asmau will come out fine,"

"Yes, I know," I managed to muster a small smile.

"Where is Maryam?" I inquired, wondering about my sister's whereabouts.

"She went to your house to check on the kids," Layla informed me.

"Okay," I nodded.

An hour later, the doctor emerged from Asmau's room, and I rushed to her side, my heart pounding with anticipation.

"Doctor, how is my wife?" I asked anxiously, desperately seeking good news.

"Well..." she began, pausing and removing her glasses, her expression grave.

Asmau

I slowly opened my eyes, greeted by the brightness of the room, causing my vision to blur for a moment. I blinked and focused, realizing I was lying on a hospital bed.

Turning my head to the left, I saw Abubakar with a small smile on his face.

"Welcome back, my love," he said, warmly.

"Thank you. Wait, my baby," I exclaimed, reaching for my stomach and feeling the presence of my baby bump.

"Calm down, hayatie. The baby is fine," he reassured me, and I let out a soft sigh.

"Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah," I whispered gratefully.

"Guess what?" he exclaimed.

"What?" I asked, puzzled.

"We're having twins, habibty! Twins!" he exclaimed joyfully.

"Are you serious?" I asked, my eyes widening in surprise.