✨5.✨

So heya fam!

First of all, I am really sorry for disappearing for 6 months. I know a sorry would never be enough. My mental health was all in pieces and I couldn't gather myself to write something so precious. It happens to be my first fanfiction. One shots are still easy, but writing a 5 shot also took my everything.

This year has been very challenging for all of us, and I really hope that all of you are fine. Please take care of yourself. And please remember if you ever want to talk, I am always here. My DM's are always open.

But now I am back, and this time with a long update. I really hope you like it. Also please READ THE NOTE AT THE END.

Constructive criticism welcomed whole heartedly!

Also this is specially dedicated to Rebecca_Valentine for all those comments that motivated me to write❤️🥺
___________________________________________

Date : 6th September, 2020
Word count : 1800 words

Cover credits : Heer💙 StarsAndFireflies_
( She designed me a cover, and updating it in the next part )

___________________________________________

Nandini unlocks her house and enters with Manik following her. She gets a glass of water for him.

Manik : Arre itni formality ki zaroorat nahi NM.

She just nods and sits in front of him. He keeps looking at her for a minute before starting,

Manik : See NM, I am really sorry. I am sorry for everything. I am sorry for being such an a-hole. I never meant to hurt you. I was just looking for fun in the college, and that's why I thought of making new friends. I never thought of leaving you. You mean so much to me, you are my best friend, I can't even-

At this she cuts him, and says

Nandini : Aha, oh really Mr. Manik Malhotra. (She says in a mocking tone) But let me recall, ain't I the same girl, whom you called your neighbour. Ain't I the same girl whom you let your friends bully and didn't say a word in front of them. Ain't I the same whom you called annoying and said that she uses the trump card of being called your best friend. ( At this he looks at her shockingly )

Manik : You.... You were the--...

Nandini : Yes, I was there. I heard everything. You know Manik, I was always an introvert. I thought I would never get friends, because people usually didn't like being with me. But then I met you, in 2nd standard. And you know you were different. You didn't judge me for how I looked, and how I spoke. You never judged me for who I was. It was you I found solace in. Then why, why did you change so drastically Manik?
( She speaks with tears glistening in her eyes )

Manik tried to move towards her, but she shows her hand and stops. He sits back and says,

Manik : Nandini, NM, I swear I never intended to hurt you. I didn't know what rubbish I was speaking. I didn't know what all venom I said. I never meant a word of it. I swear. I felt guilty already when I got to know about your allergy from mint. I felt awful. The Manik you met in 2nd and the Manik now are same, it's just that, the current one was lost in searching for momentary happiness, that he forgot about the woman who brings him eternal happiness. I swear I didn't mean to-

Nandini : You did not mean to what Manik? Okay let me tell you a story. Quite an interesting one. There was a girl and a boy. They were childhood best friends. The girl was clumsy, introverted, and never had anyone except the boy. On the other hand, the boy was the popular person. He had a lot many friends except the girl. Then there were days, when he didn't acknowledge her and she felt bad. One day, there were hardly few students present, and the girl was as usual sitting alone. They came near her and asked her, how did she befriend the popular guy of the school? She slowly replied that they were childhood friends. The people there started laughing and said, that the guy would have never chosen someone like the girl. And then they went on to say, that probably that girl warms the guy's bed.( At this Manik looks at her with tears )
She tried to deny, but people kept pointing finger at her. She went and cried but had no body. So she silently endured all of it. Tell me Manik, how was the story?