14 | threads of the weave • i

____________________

O youth in love, fall at her feet
Without your beloved, you are incomplete
God's fabric comes from Adam and Eve
As intertwined as threads of the weave

- Rumi, Surrender

__________•__________

Adelia opened her eyes as the sound of a clock ticking reached her ears. She turned her head to see Elijah sitting beside her, ready for the day.

"Good morning, what time is it?" The witch asked as he removed the silken tresses from her face.

"Almost six," the Original replied.

"Why are you dressed so early in the morning?" She sat up and pushed the comforter off her body.

"I had some errands to run," he told her and asked, "Are you alright?"

"I will be," Adelia smiled back. "Are you?"

"I have you," Elijah grinned and kissed her shoulder.

"I should go get ready," she said with a sigh.

"You can rest a little longer if you wish to. I will tell others you aren't feeling well," the Original insisted.

"No. I will be fine," she answered. "My bags are back at the apartment."

"I brought them a while ago, along with a menacing cargo," Elijah humoured.

"Cargo?" Her brows furrowed in confusion.

A bark echoed the room as Asher exited the walk-in with a leather shoe between his teeth. The couple looked at him in disbelief.

"Your menace is increasing my bills," Elijah rolled his eyes, a bit fondly.

"Asher! Put it down," Adelia commanded, and the dog instantly followed before jumping onto the bed in her arms.

"How many times have I told you to not get on the bed?" The vampire spoke to the dog.

"Do not scold him. Asher is a baby," she whined in disapproval and hugged her little pet. "Oh, you have become so cute!" The witch grabbed his furry face and kissed his mane.

Asher looked at the suited demon and huffed, enjoying all the attention from the sweet demon. He felt her squeeze his body in excitement, gushing over him and he let the discomfort not appear on his face as the vampire watched him heatedly. It was an ego thing.

He didn't have the pleasure of marking his territory unless he wanted to face the wrath of the demons so this game had to suffice for now. He howled in victory as the sweet demon laughed, making him preen in joy.