8 | god is that he sees

____________________

One attribute of God is that he sees
Every atom's movement and of these
But are the qualities of that first cause
That gave us life and discipline and laws.

- Rumi, Attributes

__________•__________

dated: february, 1863

Dear Niklaus,

It has come to my attention that you have been avoiding me for the past few months. The winter has come and gone and you still remain cold, unlike the upcoming spring. As your only friend, I consider it my duty to remind you of your lacking stealth. It is very impolite and I do not wish to appear rude and inconsiderate, but you have been a very bad friend.

Yours,
Maeve L.,

___________________

"You are up very early," Elijah commented while watching his wife get out of bed.

"It is very hard to go to sleep with all the things running inside my head," Adelia replied and unbraided her hair.

"Everything should be fine," he gave her a smile and patted the bed. She rolled her eyes and sat down beside him. The Original wound his arms around her and kissed her head. "I heard Asher ate my shoes."

The witch looked up at him, "He was fascinated by your footwear."

"And I don't suppose it has anything to do with you not disciplining him?" he mused and laid her down on the bed before kissing her collarbone.

"I did scold him and made him sit in the corner," she told him. "He looked very regretful."

Elijah removed the strap from her shoulder and suckled the skin. He hummed in her ear, "Regretful for not getting his paws on my shoes sooner."

"Your shoes wouldn't fit his paws, you shouldn't worry," Adelia giggled and trailed her fingers down his bare back. His canines broke her skin and she immediately stopped him. "We have a tight budget for his month. With your new shoe shopping, I do not think ruining this sheet is a good idea. It came very expensive."

The Original stared at her for a moment before nodding, "We also have your dog expenses to take care of."

She nodded vigorously and sat up from under him, moving to push down his pants. "Do not forget the porch swing, it broke."

"Because of your dog," Elijah said and pulled off her dress hurriedly. "He is the source of our increased expenses the past few months."

The witch pushed him onto the bed and climbed over him, "Do not blame Asher."

The vampire changed their positions in a second as he tugged her lace panties from her legs. "I have to abstain from my wife's lovely form because of that creature," he informed her in a heavy breath. "I suggest we educat-"

Adelia pulled him towards her to connect their lips and wrapped her legs around his hips. She broke the kiss to look into his eyes, "Why don't we keep Asher out of this conversation?"

"Agreed," Elijah nodded indefinitely and kiss her full on the lips as he intertwined their fingers before pushing them over her head. She hitched her leg higher up his waist when he thr*st inside of her, his hand moving to grip the headboard as a groan escaped his lips.