15 | threads of a weave • ii

"So what brings you here, old friend?" Klaus asked as he gestured for Lucien to enter the study, followed by his elder brother.

"Uninvited," Elijah drawled, leaning against the desk.

"I considered us old friends, Elijah," Lucien answered with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Friend is a rather broad term when your association with us ended a millennia ago," he replied.

"Well, you are my friend," the hybrid insisted, handing Lucien a glass of drink.

"Niklaus, Mrs. Lockwood is asking for you," Adelia entered the room, glancing at Lucien as he smirked at her.

"Lucien was just leaving. I'll bid him farewell and see the mayor," the Original said, chugging a mouthful of whisky.

"Congratulations on your nuptials, Miss Laurentis," the first sireling walked towards the woman as Elijah narrowed his eyes, his hand clutching the corners of the desk.

"She is Mrs. Mikaelson, dear friend. Do pay her respect," Klaus gave his input with a threatening smile.

"I prefer Ms. Laurentis, Nik," Lucien answered, looking straight at her before leaning in to place a chaste kiss on her cheek as she stiffened in place.

Elijah straightened at the gesture, his jaw clenching with anger as Klaus stood amused.

Lucien leaned in further to whisper into her ear, very well aware the other beings could hear him. "If I had known you were looking for a husband when we met, I'd have happily volunteered. Keep the lands and assets in the family, they say."

Adelia turned her head to look at him, her eyes vacant and impassive as he stared at her with devil in his eyes. He winked at her before glancing at the occupants with a smile.

Elijah glanced at Klaus and nodded stiffly. "If you'll excuse me. I have to attend to the guests downstairs," he said before leaving the room, his fingers brushing against Adelia's.

Lucien heard the door bang against the wall and commented, "Time hasn't fared well for him. Still a stick in the mud."

"That's Elijah for you," Klaus snickered.

"Klaus, we are waiting downstairs," she glared at the men.

"Well sweetheart, you could have done better," Lucien smirked and took a step back.

The Original looked at his first sired curiously and asked, "You know Adelia?"

"Never forgot the vampire who had a penchant for giving migraines," he answered. "Said she wanted to commemorate her late fiancé. Wore his betrothal ring, poor girl."

"You were with Lucien after you left Orleans?" Klaus accused Adelia half-heartedly.

Adelia crossed her arms and replied, "I was not with anyone, lest this man who resembles his thickheaded sire."

"And like a good Samaritan that I am, I couldn't resist myself from assisting her," the first sireling answered.

"You were more of a thorn in my side, Mr. Castle," the witch quipped.

"Still the formality, Lia?" Lucien made a sad face. "I thought we would rule Seattle together, but she decreed democracy. Even the philanthropist in me cried at the letdown."

"Why are you here?" Adelia questioned with a sigh.

"I need a tiny little favour."

"We do not lend those anymore," the Original chuckled.