64: He's Good Enough

Start from the beginning

I nodded, "I'm still practicing to walk with these."

My right foot lose its balance but Jungkook held my hand to help me keep standing straight.

"Be careful. Umm...let's sit there at the rock.", he pointed to the big rock a few steps away from us before he started to walk. "Oh, wait. I'm sorry...", he stopped as he patted the sands off his clothes. "Okay, let's go.", he told me once his clothes is free from the sands where he lied on earlier.

As we sat next to each other at the big rock, we stared to the sea quietly admiring the view of it.

"Jungkook..."

"Chae..."

Both of us ended up opened our mouths at the same time as we turned to look at each other.

"You go first, Chaeyoung.", he said as he pointed to me.

I nodded before I took a deep breath to speak to him, "Jungkook...first of all I want to say I'm sorry because I couldn't keep doing what you asked me to do. It was actually hard to not think about you, do you know that?"

I looked at him and saw him nodding as he looked at the beach sand in front of us. He barely make any movement and just stayed looking down.

"Can you tell me exactly what is in your mind? So that I know how to help you.", I said even though I can guess what the reason behind him avoiding me these few days. "Jungkook, please...", I tried again as I touched his hand a little.

He sighed before he pulled his hand away and crossed his arms. He looked up to the sea and began speaking, "I'm not a good man." He turned to look at me and continued, "I was a playboy. You know that, right? So, I have a feeling that I don't deserve you. That day I got slapped made me think a lot about how bad I was back then. I was thinking how many girls I've hurt before, did I sleep with any of them, who they are, all sort of questions came into my mind, Chae. I even think of whether I've hurt you that's why I had the accident. I felt like this amnesia is my punishment. I...I can't be with you. You're too good for me, Chaeyoung."

I listened to him until he stopped before I nodded at him. So, it was true what I guessed about him. He felt like he is not good enough for me.

"Do you know that we studied at the same university, Kookie?", I responded to him with that question.

"You told me before about that.", he replied as he looked back to the sand on the beach.

"Do you know how far I know you?", I asked him.

He shook his head.

"We never talked at that time but I knew you quite well since you were with Nayeon unnie in high school. I don't know if you know me though but I always see you around the campus. You were really famous back then because you're handsome, well that's what those girls say about you. I saw you a lot of times and I can say almost all girls were into you and most of them chased you. And you being the charming self of yours, you treat them all nicely and surely they fell for your charm. But, you weren't serious with them.", I told him the truth of how far I know him.

"Did I sleep...with any of them?", he asked me.

I shook my head at it.

"As far as I know, you did have kissed them but...I never heard a story of you having a one night stand or sleep with anyone. Jimin oppa told me you were pretty careful even though you're a playboy. You never bring them home or agree if they ask you to sleep with them. He said you still have a principle not to follow everything that a girl wants from you. I don't know how far the truth about that though. You'll have to ask Jimin oppa himself, he's your best friend after all. He knew you better during those times.", I paused as I felt slightly freezing with the cold weather of the night.