Chapter 6

I draw all of the heat from the air, and create a forcfield. I didn't know what else to do. 8 Mutants coming towards me, knowing that I burnt them alive.

I scream for help, but it's almost like nobody is around. Suddenly, Arthur rushes into the room, with a girl at hand.

"Gilbert, help him!", Arthur yells. And with a wave of Gilbert's hand, the 8 victims collapsed.

"How did you do that!", I asked. "Gilbert controls knowledge, data, and logic. She simply removed the memory of them knowing that you killed them. When they wake up, they will be good as new", said Arthur.

All of these kids have the most amazing powers. I control fire and heat. It had an enormous effect on my foes back in Decatur, but on these kids, it was practically useless.

"Are yall hungry", asked Arthur. I was so caught up with what was going on around me, that I didn't realize that I was practically starving. I nodded in response.

Arthur led us to a giant, glass, dome room. The room was filled with round tables, chairs, and people. I knew instantly that it was a cafeteria. The scenery behind the glass, gave the room a nice view. The perfect place to eat.

There were small lines coming from patio like structures. "The lunch line" I thought to myself. "Yep", said a familiar voice. I turned around to see Quashada, Nasiah, Maekaylia, Byron, Ariana, Makale, and Malachi standing in front of me.

I was overwhelmed by fear, but I had to mask it mentally and physically. But none of them looked angry, so I guess Gilbert's ability worked on them. That cooled me down. "Lets eat", I said.

The lunch lines were pretty quick. Most of the lunch ladies' super speed contributed to that.

It also seemed that everyone I had met all sat at the same table. The same silent table. I have never felt comfortable in silence, so I decided to break it.

"What is Omega level?", I asked. Dr. Boise used the term earlier. "An Omega level mutant is a mutant with limitless potential. They are the most powerful, and can perform amazing feats.", said Gilbert.

I never really thought about that. Mutants without a limit. That sounds pretty dangerous. "Are you guys Omega Level", I ask.

"Nasiah, Byron, Makale, and Arthur are", said Ariana. Nasiah?  He just moves stuff. He cant be that powerful. "Nasiah, can manipulate everything down to a molecular structure. He also generates molecules.

At the thought of that, I nearly collapsed. I could feel the upbuild of tears, and I could no longer bear it. I ran out of the cafeteria, to go clear my head.

Nasiah has the same ability as my mother, and Quashda my father. But I can never go back to my real family.