Chapter 2

Like every other day, I was walking home from school. It felt like the average friday for a middle schooler. I was overjoyed to get out of that ratchet school. With my headphones in my ears, and my music turned up to the max, I was walking steadily.

Then, all of a sudden half a dozen men in black jumpsuits come out of the woods. I began to walk, attempting to not bring suspicion to myself. But, they walked right towards me. I stopped, and lit both of my hands on fire. "Take another step, and I'll cremate you alive", I say bravily. The men just smile. "Iverson Hill, we have heard of your ability", one of the men said. "We are here to take you away, to a school where you will fit in", he continued.

A school? I don't trust people. "No thank you", I say, my hand still aflame. The flames just get hotter and hotter until they are blue. The men walk towards me. That was the last straw. I hurled the ball of flame at the man who spoke to me, and it went right through him. It didn't take me long to realize that they all were like that. 

Then, all of a sudden a sheering pain pierces my temples. I tried to aflame, but I couldn't. Something is holding me back. Something that I can't see. I try to run, but the pain has me lying on the ground, until I feel paralyzed. My mind was being incinerated. It was blocking me from using my powers, and it blocked me from moving. One of the men comes over to me with a potato sack, and slips it onto my head. I scream for help but I know it is useless, so I let myself pass out.