Chapter 3

I awaken with the sight of hospital beds, and droppers neatly spread throughout an enormous room. I was no longer wearing my school uniform. I was now in dark black jeans, an orange hooded shirt, and black, grey, and white high tops. I feel like I was out forr weeks, but my brown skin isn't ashy. I need to escape this strange place.

I hopped off the bed and took a greater look around. I was the only person in the room. I generated flames in the palm of my hands, and slowly creeper out the room. The place was huge, with a population of zero.

"It's an illusion", said an unrecognized voice in my head. My fireballs froze, and fell onto the marble tiles. In a strange place like this the last thing I need to do is go crazy. This voice responded to everything I thought. "Can I leave this illusion?", I thought. "Sure", the voice replied.

Suddenly, I was back in the infirmary room. There were near a little over a dozen people surrounding me. They were all about my age. I was now in a hospital gown. "What just happened", I asked.

"Quashada here simply transferred an illusion to your mind once we saw that you're brain activity was normal.", replied one of the kids around me. He was short, with an afro that would make him look like "Roger the Alien" if it was apart of his head. He quickly made a telephone fly across the room into his hand.

"Patient 1240199142048 has awoken", he said into the phone. "How did you move that", I asked inquisitively.

"Through telekinesis."

"You have telekinesis?!"

"Every mutant has powers, and from what Quashada got out of you, you're one of us."

I was blank for a moment. My mind like a battlefield, with questions at war over which would be asked next. Everyone in this room had a power. The fact astonished me.

"Who are you guys anyway?", I ask realizing that I haven't gotten any of there names.

"I'm  Byron.", said a short kid with braces. "That's Makale, Ariana, Nasiah, Maekaylia, Malachi, and Quashada, and Janiyah."

I sat there, matching names with faces. It was than that I realized that they were all black. They were just different shades, which led me to believe everyone in this hell was black.

"Yes we are all black.  Iverson. And this isn't hell", said Quashada.

"How do you keep fucking with my head.", I asked irritated.

"LITTLE BOY YOU BETTER WATCH WHO YOU'RE TALKING TO!", she yelled in response.

Than suddenly that piercing in my temple came back. I collapsed and began to scream. "Telepathy is for more than reading minds ", she said in my head.

"Quashada!!!", yelled Makale. Than he manipulated a metal tray to form a helmet for my head. The pain stopped instantly.

"You're a telepath?", I asked.

"Yup" she responded.

"What do you guys do", I asked.

"Byron can create energy, Makale can manipulate metal, Ariana can teleport, Nasiah has telekinesis, Maekaylia can shapeshift, Malachi can turn invisible and intangible, Quashada has telepathy, and Janiya can create and manipulate electricity".

I turned to the back to see where the strange voice was coming from.

There stood a man in the doorway. He was short and stubby, with skin about the tone of mine, and a buzz cut on his head.

"I'm Dr. Boise, and welcome to the Columbia Academy for Mutated Children ",the man said.