Erica (1)

Hello! To those of you who haven't been to my profile, I just wanted to let you know that I am quite behind on my updating (there's a lot of stories) as I am busy with school. Updates will be slow!

~~~ /// ~~~ \\\ ~~~

Norman Pov

Something swelled within my heart as the melody caressed my ears, ringing through the meadow. I'd wondered what the box was. Now I knew. It was an instrument.

Erica's snow-white hair fluttered in the breeze, and I couldn't help but stare. She looked truly happy playing the instrument. The kids watched in awe as the song eventually came to a close, leaving a magical atmosphere behind.

"WHOOOOOOAAAH"

"That. Was. So. COOL!!"

"Teach me! Teach me!!"

Erica chuckled, promising the kids that she'd teach them how to play the instrument.

"This is called a piano. By pressing the keys on the piano, you can make music." Erica explained, slowly and clearly so that she wouldn't overload the kids with too much knowledge at once.

We knew what music was, but that didn't mean that we knew how to play instruments, read music, or play music. With everyone standing or sitting in front of her, Erica began to explain to them the basics of reading music.

"Each note on the page corresponds to a key on the piano. There are seven notes in total- A, B, C, D, E, F, G. Then the notes repeat in the exact same order."

.

.

.

"GAH!! This is so confusing!!" Jemima complained.

"Is there an easier way to learn this?" Thoma asked, steam pouring out of his ears.

"The Theory in music is much harder than learning how to play the instrument itself. Why don't we start with an easy, short song that you can play with one hand?" Erica suggested, taking a seat on the stool once again.

PLINK, PLINK PLINK, PLINK, PLINK PLINK, PLINK PLINK PLINK PLINK PLINK-PLINK-PLINK~!

A simple but cheerful melody rang in my ears, the tune reminding me of Emma.

"The kids like her so much..." Emma commented, Ray standing beside her.

"Yeah, surprisingly. I thought that it would take longer for her to warm up to us, seeing how cold she was when she first stepped foot into the house." Ray replied, not taking his deep-green eyes off of Erica.

"She's smart, pretty, and talented!! She might be even more amazing than you, Norman!!" Emma exclaimed, eyes wide and sparkling with excitement.

"Mm." I nodded, feeling an irresistible desire to play the piano.

"Norman? Hellooooo~? Anyone in there?"

Erica's laughter, resembling music in its own way, spread through the air. She walked over to us with a genuine smile on her red lips, leaving the children to explore and play the instrument. Her navy-blue eyes reflected my dumbly gaping face as she met my gaze.

"Norman? NORMAN!!" Emma's loud yelling brought me out of my stupor.

"Huh? I'm sorry, what did you say?"

"Jeez! Ever since Erica walked in, you couldn't get your eyes away from her!! It's not love at first sight, is it? If it is... then... IT WOULD BE SO CUTE" Emma continued, Ray just rolling his eyes at her with an annoyed look on his face.

"It's only been half a day since Erica joined us, Emma. You can't fall in love with someone that quickly." I commented, making Emma pout.

"Why not?"

"Love is... a feeling of strong affections for someone. It's not something that can be made in a few hours." I explained.

"OI!!"

At the sound of Don yelling loudly, I turned around to see what was going on. The move resulted in me almost bumping into Erica, who was right behind me. She was also facing Don, who was waving at us.

"NORMAN!! I CHALLENGE YOU TO A GAME OF TAG!!!" He yelled.

--- Third Pov ---

Norman smiled- it was more a smirk, really. He turned to Emma, Ray, and Erica, asking them if they were going to join. Emma was already running towards the kids, and Ray sat back down under his favourite tree.

"Are you sure you don't wanna join?" Normal asked Erica, a slightly disappointed look filling his sky blue eyes.

Erica's brilliant navy-blue eyes gazed right back at Norman, as calm and empty as ever. She gave him a small smile, before leaning into his personal bubble. Going up to her tippy toes to match Norman's height, Erica whispered quietly.

"Yes, I'm sure."

Norman's pale face turned as red as a tomato at the close proximity, a soft and mellow but sweet and pleasant scent registering into his mind. It was obvious that Erica was playing around with Norman since she enjoyed getting him all flustered, but Norman had mixed feelings about it.

After so many embarrassing moments, It took almost everything in his power just to not get flustered every time the albino girl came into view.

Sure, it may be nothing but teasing and some flushed cheeks now, but what about when they grow up?

~~~ /// ~~~ \\\ ~~~

NOTE: Length of time the kids stay in the Farm has been increased.

Kids are brought in at a very young age and are grown. They start to take tests at age four. The kids are shipped away starting from age ten (not six). Any kids that are not a Breeder are mandatorily shipped at age fifteen, and Breeders are shipped to the Breeding farm at age eighteen.

2.7 pages, 909 words