『 1 』

• 𓆙 •

• 𓆙 •

     Amara Findlay woke up that morning to yelling outside her door, from her sister and her mother. They were probably arguing about the usual stuff, either it was Maisie whoring around or her mother, Sandy, getting riled up about Maisies room being dirty or how she'll never amount to her older sister.

Amaras eyes were still adjusting to the sunlight that came into her room, she was given the second biggest room in the house, her parents had the biggest one. She rolled out of bed and got dressed into a sky blue dress that perfectly complimented her tan skin. She brushed out her brown hair and double checked herself in the mirror.

Walking downstairs, the screaming only got louder. Once she was at the bottom of the staircase she finally found where the screaming was coming from, the front room. She walked over to her sister sitting on the couch, crying and her mother scolding her.

"If only you were more like your sister!" Mrs. Findlay yelled, pointing a finger in Maisies face.

"Back off of her, mother. It's too early for this." Amara said with a calm tone, sitting down on the couch across from the one Maisie was sitting on.

"Amara, you're awake! How about after breakfast, you and Maisie go on a little trip, maybe to Strawberry or Valentine. She might learn a thing or two from you." Amaras mother glanced over at Maisie, giving her a cold look.

Amara nodded and sat up from the couch, walking over to Maisie and lifting her up by her arm. Amara walked her over to the dining room where her father was sitting, eating breakfast. The usual eggs and pancakes.

Amara grabbed a plate for Maisie and handed it to her. She grabbed a plate, putting a extra pancake on it and sat down across from Maisie.

Her father lifted his head from his plate. "Good morning, girls." He said, turning his attention to the daily newspaper.

"Mornin' daddy." Amara said, taking a bite from her pancake. Her mother walked into the room and sat in the chair across from Mr. Findlay.

"Amara, you don't need that many pancakes. You need to stay slim or you'll never attract a wealthy suitor." Amaras mother said, a stern look on her face.

"Mother I told you, I'm not ready for marriage." Amara stated, pushing her plate aside.

"Young lady, you will have to find a suitor sooner or later whether you like it or not!" Mrs. Findlay shouted, slamming her fork on the table. "Get out of my sight, both of you." Mrs. Findlay raised her hand and waved it at Maisie and Amara.

The two girls walked out of the room and went to Amaras room to rant to each other. This was a normal morning routine, as their mother usually was very cold to Maisie for not being good enough and to Amara for not being her perfect, beautiful self.