The King nodded with a sense of satisfaction,"Though I'm disappointed in your behavior at your birthday gala, I'm sure this is enough for you to redeem yourself."

The Queen just looked at him angrily."I still think he should have been gone for longer. He shouldn't have returned home so soon."

"W-we were a bit short on food as well." Wooyoung spoke and the Queen rolled her eyes.

"So what? If you starved then you would have proven your dedication to the kingdom."

"Surely that would've been too much." The King spoke turning to look at her.

"If our daughters had gotten kidnapped, that would have been too much." The Queen snapped at him angrily and the atmosphere became tense.

Wooyoung shrank in his seat and the princesses looked away from their parents.

"There's no need to feel resentful towards my son." The King spoke, his tone even and somewhat intense.

"I just think that as a prince, he failed his duty." The Queen crossed her arms and Wooyoung frowned.

San had the urge to grab the prince's hand to comfort him, but he knew the gesture would catch everyone off guard.

I want to leave . Wooyoung frowned as he watched the two of his parents argue about how he should've acted.

"Y-Your highnesses." San interrupted and the two of them turned to him with angry faces. The knight cleared his throat nervously,"I was p-planning on offering the p-prince additional t-training."

The King contemplated this statement,"This is a perfect resolution. Does that satisfy you?" The King asked, turning to his wife who was clearly dissatisfied with the issue being resolved so easily.

"Yes." The woman muttered and dismissed herself from the table.

The King watched her leave in annoyance and went back to eating his food.

Wooyoung shared a thankful look with San and San smiled softly at him.

The princess looked at the two of them in confusion.

・:*:・

"So if I were to appear behind you suddenly-" San stepped forward and reached his hand forward to wrap his arm around Wooyoung's waist.

Wooyoung placed his hands on San's forearm and pushed the knight's arm down before spinning and pushing the knight away.

"Good!" San exclaimed, causing Wooyoung to smile.

"Ooh, what's going on here?" Mingi asked, looking at the two sweaty males.

"Just a bit of training. We're going to work on self defense and the defense of others. But right now we're doing self defense." San answered, grabbing a towel and dabbing it on the prince's forehead.

Mingi hummed in thought,"Want me to help?" The male asked curiously.

"Wooyoungie?" San asked the prince who shrugged.

"Sure."

Mingi took off his shoes and joined the males on the mat. San stepped away and started to watch the two of them.

Wooyoung waited anxiously for Mingi to make his first move.

Mingi waited before shifting his weight and grabbing the prince's forearm, pulling the prince closer to him so that they were chest to chest.