"Hello?" I asked, my voice coming off faint.

"Davanee, honey, are you ok?" My mom asks me.

"Yeah, w-"

"Where are you? Are you safe? You're not sleeping on the streets, are you?"

"I'm fine. I'm just sleeping over at a friends house?"

"Ok, please come home tomorrow. I'm sorry for putting you out, a mother should never do that to a child..."

"Ok..."

That was when my other hand moved down to my stomach. I felt another hand there—Ace. His hands were resting on my lower stoma-

"Davanee, are you still there?" My mom asks through the phone.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna finish sleeping now," I tell her with sleep in my voice.

"Ok, get some rest honey..."

"Mm-hm," I brought the phone down from my ear and hung up. I didn't have the energy to put my phone back on the nightstand so I shoved it under the pillow where I rested my head.

"That was ya mom?" I heard.

I turned my head slightly around to see Ace with his eyes opened.

"Yeah, she wants me to come home..." I say when I turned back around.

"Aight, go back to sleep. I'll bring you home later."

"Mm-hm."

I stretched my legs out as he kept his hands on my stomach.

"I wanna switch sides, Ace," I say.

"Watchu mean?"

"On the bed. I wanna switch spots..."

"Aight, roll over me then," I felt his hands leave my stomach.

I moved over him to get to the other side and he pushed over to the side I used to be on. Ace wrapped his hands around my stomach again. He held me as I slowly drifted back to sleep.

I don't remember when I woke up but when I did, light was beaming through the windows.

"Mornin," I heard a deep voice say as I opened my eyes.

I looked to my left to see Ace on his phone. We separated while we was sleeping I guess.

"Hey," I say, my voice coming off a lil raspy.

"You hungry?" he asks, putting his phone down.

I yawned before I answered, "I juss woke up..."

"My mom made pancakes, some eggs and some bacon...you want some?"

"Mm-hm. Ima go brush my teeth first," I sat up, running a hand through my hair.

I got up and got my tooth brush and toothpaste outta my duffle then made my way into the bathroom of the guest room.

After I was done washing my face and brushing my teeth, I headed back into the bedroom to find Ace still laying on the bed being occupied by his phone.

"You're still here?" I asked him, putting my toothbrush back in my duffle bag.

"Yeah, I'm waiting for you," he answers.

I smiled, "what? You scared to go down by yourself?"

"No, why would I be scared?" He scoffs causing me to smile.

"Cause of your mom..."

"Hell no. I ain't scared... how else would I know what she was cooking down dere?"

"Aight," I say, unzipping my duffle again. "Ima got take a shower so if you wanna waitin go ahead."

"How long you finna take?" He asks.

I shrugged, taking my towel out the bag.

"Can I join?" He smirks at me.

I playfully rolled my eyes while smiling. "Nope."

I grabbed some clothes and underwear before I headed into the bathroom again.

After a good 30 minutes in the shower and 10 minutes putting my clothes on, I exited the bathroom...Ace still laying on the bed.

"Ok, let's go now," I say to him.

"Aight," he starts to sit up.

I put my towel on the bed then we left the room and started walking downstairs.

"You feelin on ok?" Ace asks me.

"What do you mean?" I looked over at him.

"You don't feel like throwing up or anything...?"

"Oh. No...not yet at least," I shrugged.

"Aight."

3 hours after 

(Omniscient)

"You going to school on Monday?" Ace asked Davanee as he pulled up to her apartment building.

"Yeah, why?"

"I'm juss askin cause you never know."

"Ok, thanks for everything..." Davanee says.

"Mm-hm. You know you can call me if you need anything," Ace says back, shrugging. "You kinda have to..."

"I don't have to cause I coulda handled this situation on my own..."

"Aight, if you say so."

"Ok...I'm leaving now..."

Davanee gets out of the car with her duffle on her shoulder.

Once Ace seen she got into her building safely, he drove off, heading home.

[End of 12]
This chapter took me 5 weeks to write bc of "7475"💀

[End of 12]This chapter took me 5 weeks to write bc of "7475"💀