Act 9 Scene 1

I landed near the Wyvern stables and my feet hadn't touched the ground very long when I spotted Victor jogging to meet me. We met with a hug, it felt so good to see my brother again.

"I missed you so much Victoria," Victor said squeezing me even tighter.

"I did too Victor, but please show me mother," he sighed and let me go and guided me to what we called the battle ground, it was a place where soldiers sparred with each other for practice. It was a wide open area with a stone flooring.

In the middle, bound to the ground by her ankles and waist was my mother. Except it wasn't exactly her. In the centre of the beast was her body but it was like she was incased in a gelatine dessert, except of course it wasn't gelatine it was the body of beast (imagine something similar to when Naruto has the Nine tails orange aura around him). I looked at her horrified.

"What happened Victor. I have a feeling that you haven't been truthful with me since I've been gone." He looked down.

"I didn't want to worry you or say something that might back you come back. Anyways, ever since we got back from Nohr mother had been acting a bit odd. We originally suspected that it was because you were gone. But then she wasn't sleeping right, not eating enough, extremely fatigued and a few times I caught her mumbling strange things under her breath. It's been really weird around here Victoria.

"Then this morning mother asked to go to the garden and I brought her because she's been bedridden the past few days. I left her alone at the fountain and I think she started to sing and then she ended up like this."

"Has anyone tried anything to help her?"

"We've all been afraid that we might hurt her. People wanted you to come back and they figured with you knowledge, you'd have a solution," in other words no one knew what to do and would rather me be responsible.

I started thinking and I tried a few spells that came to mind. Nothing was working.

"Princess Victoria!" I heard someone yell. I turned around and saw Nefertari and Alexandros running to me. When they got next to me they saw the state of my mother.

"Well the queen has certainly seen better days."

"Alexandros!" Nefertari said hitting his arm. "What's going on Princess?" I explained the situation. Nefertari tried a few spells that I had forgotten but they had no effect either.

"I need to look through the library. Victor make sure nothing happens to mother," and I left with my retainers in tow to the library.

I scanned through so many books I lost track of the time I had some books bookmarked with spells and things for me to try. But I could only hope that they would work.

Nefertari and Alexandros carried the few books I needed and we headed back out to the battle grounds. I have them instructions for a magic circle I wanted to try first and then I had a question for Victor.

"Where's father?"

"He's been trying to find someone that could help. I haven't seen him since we had to restrain mother."

The magic circle was finished and I performed the spell. Nothing again. I went through all the books that we brought out and there was barely a reaction from mother. There must be something I'm missing.

I circled mother trying to notice something that I didn't see before. As the sun shined onto mother the beast bodies had something that resembles veins. And in a human the veins lead to the life force, our heart. So these veins should lead to the weak point of what ever has possessed mother.