Act 3 Scene 3

Victoria's pov
  Nefertari was trying her best to get me to crawl out of bed, but I didn't want to do anything today besides lay in my sorrows. My family was leaving today to go back to Vimore, while I stay here in my new home with a bunch of strangers. Although I have found a new friend in Camilla, Corrin has told me inside information. I know that I'll need to put up I loving bride front to Garon even though I'm gonna help Corrin win the war just to kill Garon.

"Princess if you don't hurry up and get out of bed, your brother will be here to escort you to breakfast and he'll have to take you in your pyjamas," I just rolled over on my other side to avoid Nefertari's gaze. Then she came over and whispered in my ear, "you don't want your future step-children seeing you like this, do you?" I didn't say anything, I just rolled out of bed and helped Nefertari dress me for the morning.

Nefertari has just finished tying up me dress in the back when there was a knock on my door, she answered.

"Morning Nefertari, I'm was assigned Princess Victoria's escort for this morning," I turned around to see Prince Xander. Immediately Nefertari turned to me and the corners of her mouth rolled up in a devilish grin.

"Well she's all ready, off you go princess I need to start packing up your things. As I assume that after her families departure we'll be making the journey to castle Krakenburg."

"That is correct Nefertari," Xander extended his arm for me to take. Where was Victor? I sighed and laced my arm with his and we headed off to the dining hall.

"Why didn't my brother come to escort me?" I asked once my door was closed.

"He asked me personally to do this as he knew you be upset by his presence as he's leaving today," why did he always sound so calm when my mind was racing. But he was right, if Victor had showed up this morning to bring me to breakfast, I would've cried in his arms. "But could you answer this question for me, why must you be escorted here and there? I've noticed that when every you travel from point A to point B someone is always with you," I sighed, escorting isn't neseccary in Nohr, so why am I so bothered by his question.

"It is mandatory for female members of the royal family to always have a male escort to ensure their safety. Years ago, the queen and the princess were going to the gardens and were kiddnapped and later killed by Vimorian rebels. After that having an escort became mandatory."

"Men and women are not equal in Vimore?"

"No we are not. If my father were to go on buisness or if he were to die, Zeckensaw forbid. Victor would lead Vimore, not my mother. Thats why I've always known that I would be shipped away to marry someone else because I would never rule Vimore, despite my hearts desire to do so." Xander was quiet, thats when I noticed the piece of hair that fell on his face looked strangly like a noodle, and it almost made me break my stonecold face. He didn't say anything as we had arrived at the dining hall and we sat and began to endulge in breakfast.

Midmeal Garon decided to break the silence. "Today we say goodbye to the king, queen, and crown prince of Vimore, however after our conquest over Hoshido is completed, we will meet again for the wedding," no one said anything else, what more was there to be said? Oh look were letting a young woman marrry a man whos oldest child is the same age as the bride, oh, and the groom is also secretly a demon! But whos gonna say that.

After I finished my meal Victor escorted me to my quarters where Nefertari had all of my things packed and had also returned the stack of books that I power read through last night. Once the door was closed I turned to Victor with tears in my eyes.

"Your all really gonna leave me to live with that monster!" I exclaimed letting my tears roll down my face.

"Do you mean physically a monster or metaphorically a monster?" I froze, could I tell him about what Corrin had told me? He is my brother, I should be able to trust him with this information.

"Princess Corrin told me that King Garon is actually a demon and once we conquer Hoshido they will get him to sit on the Hoshidan throne to draw out the demon and then kill him," Victor didn't budge an inch.

"I'm glad she told you," I looked up at him in shock. "Corrin and Azura told me about all that, I told her to tell you the truth to give you hope, and I knew you would be up for battle."

"You know me so well," he chuckled and wipped away a few spare tears.

"I am your brother, its my job to know all about my little sis, but seriously try not to miss me too much, I'll write when ever I can. But we don't know if anyone here will read our mail, so if theres anything thats only for my eyes write it in code, I'll figure it out, just try to keep up a devoted front to your new husband and no one will suspect anything," he smiled and gave me his big brother hug and left to finish packing and getting ready to return home.

Now left alone I looked at myself in the mirror and took a good look at myself, how did everything come to this? I just want to go home with my family and not marry and live happily alone with Veronica for the rest of my days.

Finally I was escorted by the butler to the carriages that we would be taking to the docks and then to castle Krakenburg. I was put in a carriage with my family, thank Zeckensaw, they were the only ones I wanted to be with right now. For the most part it was quiet, my father just talked about how proud I am making Vimore by being in this marriage arrangment and how I am still to abide by my Vimorian customs and that Garon is aware that I am to be escorted by a male, my outfit rotation throughout the day, and of course that I am to be on my best behavior for Garon and the Nohrians. When we arrived I had to say goodbye to my family.

I first hugged Victor with all my might, I wasn't going to cry again, I had to show the Nohrians that I was over being a cry baby about my predicament and live with my situation. He reminded me to say strong and that this will all be over soon. Saying goodbye to my mother was going to be the hardest, she wrapped her arms around me, "don't worry my princess, we will be back soon for your wedding and I'll write every week to tell you how much I miss you, I love you, Victoria," and she kissed my head. My father was waiting with his arms open and I ran into them. Despite being the one to put me in this arrangement, I love my father, I look up to him to how I should act as royalty and conduct myself professionally.

"Never forget what I'm about to tell you my dear daughter; you are a strong Vimorian warrior, you are smart, and most importantly you are my daughter, a princess, your name means victory as you will conquer anything you set your mind to. And always wear your wyvern scale, it is proof of everything I've said. I love you dear daughter," he tapped my wyvern scale and kissed my forehead before leading my mother onto the boat and the three waved to me as the ship departed.

I turned to the Nohrians, "lets head to castle Krakenburg shall we," I spoke with no tone and held out my arm to be escorted to a carriage. Xander guided me towards the carriage that the siblings rode in when Garon called out.

"My bride will be riding with me Xander," Garon had on a slick smile, like he had just foiled someones plans. Xander looked down to me, but got nothing so he did as his father said and then left to join his siblings. I sat in the carriage, Garon had instructed me to sit beside him. I tensed up at the contact between us, but I held my ground. The only thing that could make this worse is if Iguana rode with us.

"Sorry to be late your majesty, had some last minute buisness to finish up before heading back to Windmire," speak of the devil it was Iago, he sat across from Garon and he called for the carriages to go.

"Before you travel with my children to invade Hoshido, I'll have someone take your measurements for your wedding dress and you can pick out a design," and that was the only thing that either of them said to me for the rest of the carriage ride.