Once again I was dragged to my previous hiding place where an annoyed Mark pushed me before throwing a hoodie at me. “Geez, Ji, will you ever stop putting on a strip show for people?!” He whisper-yelled and although I couldn’t see his face in the dark I could read his expression through his voice, eyes probably narrowed in a dark glare, lips sealed together in an annoyed frown, I was too used to seeing him that way with me to not be able to see the lines of his face even in the pitch black room.

I scoffed, rolling my eyes away from him. “Why the fuck do you even care, Mark?” It was more of a question to myself, but his name at the end gave out the dedication to him. I didn’t get an answer either ways while he aimed in front in case anyone found us and attacked. I put down the shotgun and threw the hoodie over my head before walking past him out of the dark room with the weapon aimed ahead. “Satisfied?”

“Yes, I am, thank you for obeying.” He answered, sounding pretty much sarcastic.

I made a step out of our hiding place, in need to get away from him and keep killing so I wouldn’t think of the problems in my everyday life: the letters that became creepier every time, Jaemin’s real identity, Sunwoo, Mark’s blondie that I saw in every one of the men's I killed faces making my urge to kill grow.

Once again I was pulled back, my back slammed flat against the wall with him in front of me– a familiar  situation, only this time I was glaring with a deadly look, I didn’t have the time to fake any other expression. I tried to shake his grip on my wrist, although he stubbornly wouldn’t let go, making me eventually give up and let out a long puff of air while waiting for whatever he was about to say.

“Cooperate Kim Soji! We have a plan we are trying to follow! And you are obviously trying to ruin the mission or just get killed!” He whisper-yelled through his teeth. The fact that he said my full name was enough to make it clear how angry he was with me. I was with him too, for no solid reason though.

I finally managed to push his hand off of my wrist, never dropping the glare down from his eyes. “Then let me die...” I mumbled emotionlessly, my voice unintentionally sounded lower and deeper than I thought I could make it. I stepped forward, bringing my face closer to his with only millimetres separating us and he didn’t even flinch, even if I tried to kiss him– which came to my mind– he probably wouldn’t have bothered to step away obviously. “You have your girlfriend, so why care for me?”

I almost yelped too loud and almost exposed us to the enemies, flinching as my back hit the wall so suddenly again and a lot more harder and painful, making me lose my breath for a few seconds. My eyes widened for a moment though I tried to cover it with a glare again once Mark put both of his arms on the sides of my head on the wall, leaning down to my eyelevel. The look on his face calm, yet obviously disappointed and angry.

“She is not my fucking girlfriend. Will you stop being jealous over nothing? It doesn’t suit you.” He questioned with annoyance clearly noticeable on both his face and in his tone of speaking.

My lips lifted in a smirk as I chuckled. For some reason I was overly relieved after hearing him say that. Like one of my worries just flew off on a butterfly wings, never to come back. A rush of excitement and happiness washed the stiffness and stress off of my body. I felt like I could just get out there and shoot non-stop while evilly laughing until the factory tumbled down into ashes and dust.

“I am not being jealous, sweetie.” I cracked my neck to the side, closing my eyes while doing so before I opened them up, pulling on one happy psychotic-looking smile as I stared at him. “Now, what’s the plan?”

• • •

With a wide satisfied smirk, I stuck to the plan Mark explained. At least for a short while I was in a good mood and I was okay with obeying orders.

I kept following him through the corridors and we kept getting rid of the people on our way until we got a hold of the person we needed. Obviously we weren’t the only ones that reached the Chinese. Taeyong, Dayeon and WinWin had him tied down a chair in a dimly lighted room in the basement of the building already, while Renjun and Jaehyun were left outside just in case someone else arrived in the abandoned factory and disturbed us while we were doing our job.

The side of my mouth curved upwards as I scanned the guy up and down. Scarlet coloured blood dripped down his face, small pools of blood decorating the floor around him while the guy was barely conscious coughing out blood and ruining his ripped tuxedo more and more. With half-lidded eyes trying to get a look of my face just so I'd chuckle coldly at his.

“You’re wearing white?” The brunette girl's voice made me snap my attention to her. She wasn’t the only one staring at me weirded out with her huge brown eyes widened. The leader didn’t have much different expression showing on his face as he ran his eyes down my body making me instinctively do the same in confusion.

I wore white which I literally never did. Because of the dark I haven’t really noticed what kind of hoodie Mark made me put on earlier. I didn’t even have time to wonder about that or pay attention.

I pulled the edges of the hoodie forward as I looked down. The white oversized hoodie wasn’t even white anymore. There was too much blood and dirt sprayed over it that it barely had any parts in bright snow white colour. “It’s kind of red now, though.” I mentioned calmly and looked back up.

The ravenette that walked right behind me sighed as he leaned on the wall in front of Mr. Traitor. He dropped the empty magazine of his handgun before filling it with a full one. “At least she is wearing something.” He mumbled calmly with his usual neutral tone. “Let’s tie things up with this dude.”

“We’re done.” Taeyong informed, a lot happier than earlier when he found out about the betrayal of the guy. He pushed the guy’s head backwards with his index finger making him choke on his own blood. He flashed a creepy smile at him, moving his head left and right while the man was suffocating. “We got the rest of the delivery and even two times more for free.” The leader chuckled. “It’s the killing part left—”

“Me! Me!” I raised an arm excitedly while jumping up and down happily. The three people looked at me weirdly. I snatched Mark’s freshly filled gun and walked in front of the guy on the chair, pointing the weapon in the middle of his forehead. I smiled even wider as he choked out the words “Please don’t...” through a tired hoarse whisper as he moved his head left and right with begging eyes. I loaded the gun while having my eyes locked with his dark teary ones before returning the muzzle between his eyebrows. “I will do it!”

Then bang... blood sprayed across my face and hoodie once again. A gunshot hole stood in the middle of the traitor’s head with blood dripping down from it.

I blew on top of the gun before walking past Mark and placing the gun back in the back of his pants. I brushed the blood from my face although it probably wasn’t erased at all and it only got smudged. I felt good, nevertheless. But my smile dropped as I walked down the corridors of the place, I still had one more problem bothering me, I still had to face Jaemin without either killing him or kissing him.

And one more latter that I received that morning at school kept bugging me as well, making me even more discombodulated.

“I heard you and Na Jaemin broke up. Did you break up with him out of fear of his real self? Or did he break up with you to protect you, my dear Soji?

- your lovely secret admirer...”

—————

To be continued. . .