chapter 25

It was cold, I tried holding myself tighter so I would be warm but it didn't work. It started snowing a few minutes back and the temperature dropped quickly. I was in the cave again back at my hiding spot. Even though it was cold all I could think of was Jungkook and how heart broken he looked. Did he actually care for me? Why did he look so broken? And why am I thinking about him? All he did was use me.

Letting out a sigh, I laid my head back against the cold cave wall. Closing my eyes I tried to sleep but it was too cold. What was I thinking why didn't I just go with Jungkook? If I did I would've been in a warm bed with some tea on my bed side table. Trying to calm myself down I swallowed my tears down that almost forced themselves to come out. Why did I have to be so stupid? I was mad at myself, the anger was getting out of control and before I could stop myself a huge crack appeared on the cave wall in front of me. Dammit! Sighing I forced my eyes to close trying to sleep, I just want it to be morning already. Without even realizing it I fell asleep.

~Morning~

Slowly opening my eyes, I look around hoping that it was all a nightmare but was disappointed that I was still in this cave. Once I tried standing up, I felt a sharp pain in my back. Stumbling I quickly laid my forehead against the wall, my legs were shaking and in pain. Fixing myself I slowly started walking towards the entrance of the cave and peeked out making sure no one was around. Putting on my shoes I began to walk. The snow under my feet was deep, it almost swallowed my whole foot.

I crossed my arms tightly around my body as I started walking, it wasn't easy but I wasn't gonna give up know, all I need to do is find the village and I'll be fine.

It has been a few minutes and my legs were already starting to give up, they were blue,purple mixed with red. I looked pale and my lips were dry, I was hungry and needed some water but how far is the village and if I find it I don't have any money with me. Feeling helpless I laid against one of the trees and started crying. I felt so weak and stupid. The tears on my cheek were cold, I shivered slightly as I tried pulling myself together. "Miss?" I heard a deep voice ask from behind me. Was it real? Am I dreaming? Turning around I look to see a old man probably in his 50's looking concerned at me. A smile spread across my face as i walked towards him. "Please help me." I said in a helpless tone, he gave me a smile in return and nodded. "Follow me." He said as he started walking. Its probably not the best idea to follow a stranger but I needed help. After a few miles we reached a cabin, the old man turned around and gave me a smile. "Its not much, but I'm sure its better than living here outside." My heart felt warm, I was happy. Nodding I just stood there smiling like an idiot. The old man chuckled and opened the cabin door showing me in. Once I entered the warmness of the cabin hit me, sighing I fell down on the couch in front of the fire place.

"I'll go get you some clothes." The old man said walking up the stairs, I felt great, I was happy that he wasn't a psycho but I've only known him for a few minutes so I don't know for sure. "Here you go." I was so in my thoughts I didn't even realize him coming down the stairs. Smiling I took the clothes. "I also brought you some shoes." He said as he puts down the gown on the table in front of me along with the shoes, confused I look at him. "Where did you find the gown?" I asked confused, his the only one living here so why would he have it. "Oh it was my wives gown she passed away 2 years ago." The old man said while making tea, suddenly I felt guilty for asking. "Sorry i didn't know." I said sympathetically, the old man chuckled and shook his head. "Its okay you didn't know."

"Where can I put on the gown?" I asked standing up as I took the gown and shoes. "Up stairs the second room on your right." Nodding I started walking towards the stairs. "Oh umm...sorry how rude of me but may I ask what your name is?" I asked the old man. He looked at me with a smile. "Its Rick, and yours is?" Smiling I replied kindly. "I'm y/n its nice to meet you." Taking in a deep breath I went up the stairs to the room he told me I was suppose to go.

Your sleeping gown:

After I was done getting dressed I walked back to the living room. "Here I made you some tea, I don't have a lot of food to offer you but I made some bread." Rick said sitting at the table, smiling I sat down at the table. "Its food I'm not gonna complain besides my mom always used to make me bread." My heart warmed when I thought of my mom, I missed her. "Did she pass away?" Rick asked but quickly excused himself. "Sorry I didn't mean to ask that." He said chuckling. "No its okay, she passed away a few months ago, I  miss her but I'm happy that she will no longer be in pain." I said as I took a sip of me tea. "Do you mind if I ask you about your wife?" Rick smiled as he puts down his piece of bread. "Not at all, her name was Amber we met at a dinner in London, she loved to travel so when we got together I asked her if she wanted to come here and stay with me. She agreed and I was so happy, we got married a few years after that but sadly we found out that she had cancer and that's how she past away." Rick took a sip of his tea as he gave me a sad smile. "I'm sorry." Rick just shook his head. "Don't apologize it wasn't you who gave her cancer. How did your mother pass away?"

Gulping I looked down at my tea as I started drawing circles on the side of the mug. "Someone killed her, they burned down our house and threw her lifeless body into the fire." Rick gasped as he held my hand tightly. "I'm sorry to hear that but where have you been living then?"

"With my friend." I lied, I couldn't tell him the truth he would think I'm crazy if I told him I lived with the Prince in his castle. "Why were you outside in the middle of the woods then?" I didn't know what to say what lie could I tell know?! "Umm...We had a fight she slept with my boyfriend so I ran away." I mentally face palmed myself I can't believe I came up with that.

"Oh dear! I'm very sorry well I promise you that you'll find someone better." All I could do was smile and nod. After we ate and drank some tea, Rick showed me to my bedroom. "Thanks Rick." I said as I entered the room. "No problem now you have sweet dreams and Goodnight." He said as he closed the bedroom door. "Night!" Sighing I turn around and walked towards the bed, once I got inside I quickly fell asleep it was warm and comfortable, but even though I was calm there was still apart of me that stressed about Jungkook or Brad finding me.