fourteen

"I like him."

•❃°•°❀°•°❃━━

The rest of the day just went by. Min Ji learning more and doing bunch more of activities that will eventually help her when she soon start elementary. Later that afternoon, Min Ji stayed at Wooyoung and San's with Jongho telling them that he'll drop by Mingi's.

And when Jongho told them that he's dropping by Mingi's, that's when the couple knew; Mingi would slap Jongho with a hard realization that he can't accept.

Jongho entered Yunho and Mingi's house and was welcomed by and empty living room, "Jongho! Is that you? I am at the kitchen." He heard Mingi shouted from the house's kitchen.

He then went at the kitchen and found Mingi eating. "Why does everyone have to eat whenever I come around?" Mingi just chuckled, "Food just goes with everything. Problems, illness or even worries. To be honest, I would rather choose food than medicine."

Jongho just shook his head before sitting down in front of Mingi. "But I thought beer always go with everything?" Jongho replied jokingly. "Not today. Yunho is having a guest later. They might come in anytime."

"I see." Jongho nodded and Mingi took a sip from his drink, "So what exactly do you want to talk about?" Jongho paused for a second as he remembered what he told Wooyoung, "I don't know if I like him."

And what Wooyoung said. "To someone who's still contemplating about whether he likes my best friend or not."

Jongho sighed and looked down on the table. His fingers started to move, play on its own, "How did you know that you like Yunho? I mean, you told us that you have never actually liked anyone, but your best friend. How did you know that you like him?"

Jongho's eyes met Mingi's as Mingi stared deeply into Jongho's eyes. That moment, Mingi seems to see through him, reading his soul and his lips formed into a grin. "You're asking me that because you don't know if you like Min Ji's teacher? Yeosang?"

Jongho was lost for words at the moment, "I-I never said any names." Mingi just chuckled and patted Jongho's shoulder. "You're just like a glass around us, Jongho. Didn't you know? Your friends know you the best. We can easily know when you're happy, sad or even when you like someone."

Jongho sighed, he can't hide anything from his friends, that's a fact. "Back to the question, how did I know that I like Yunho? Simple, just like how Seonghwa and San found out that they like they're husbands back then."

Jongho just furrowed his eyebrows, he didn't quite get it. Well, have a Min Ji at the age of nineteen and spend almost seven years of your life with her as your top priority, not minding to go on dates or stuffs. "How?"

That's when Mingi realized that Jongho had Min Ji at the early age that's why he didn't got a chance to spend his early twenty's on going out. "Okay, so I based on the signs San and Seonghwa gave me. Now I am giving it to you too."

"One, do you often dream about that person? Or if not, is this person the cause of your sleepless nights?"

"Yes," Jongho thought. "I have been experiencing insomniac nights because of him. He just can't seem to let me peacefully sleep at night." Jongho nodded at Mingi.

"Two, do you not mind to stare at him all day that you are not complaining? You don't mind to just look at his face, watch him laugh or watch him do anything? You find the simple things he do amusing."

"Kind of. Sometimes, I just want to stare at him at the moments he's with Min Ji. That sometimes, I forget about everything but just look at him." And Jongho nodded at Mingi once again.

"Lastly, have you ever imagined this person being part of your world? Someone that you could spend most of your time with. Someone that you could visualize that's with you 'til the end. Something like that."

"More than once. After that joke, the first night I can't sleep because of him. The first time I imagined myself going out with him. The first time I imagined him being the second person that I treasure the most. The first time I imagined him being part of my life, my world."

"Yes," Jongho said. "I-I did." Mingi grinned widely, "Then see? You like him. You like Yeosang. You're just in denial all along because you think it's too soon." Tinamaan ng lintik.

Jongho felt like he was hit by a brick, he felt like he was shoved into a bucket of really cold water, he felt like he was woken up from a dream.

That excitement whenever he goes to the daycare, that moment whenever his just thinks of Yeosang and that moment when he can't help but smile just because of the simple things that Yeosang does.

Everything just makes sense now.

"I like him. I like him, Mingi." Jongho's lips soon formed into a smile as his heart suddenly beat faster, "God damn," Jongho whispered to himself. "Why did I just realize it now? Why am I so in denial?"

Mingi just laughed, "Yeah, Jongho. You like him."

━•❃°•°❀°•°❃━━

updating at 12am because

jongho got ghosted by
yeosang in a fanfic i'm reading:")
author-nim, it's not funny.

anyways, the story is entitled,
‘hello?’ by honeyeos if
you're curious!