“How are you feeling right now?” Taehyung asks looking at Jungkook worry evident in his own eyes, Jungkook just chuckles dryly, waving a hand at the makeup artist giving him final touches to stop with it, he was not a fan of it who bows and leaves instantly. He looks at Taehyung quietly watching him before speaking to the attendant nearby.

"Get an ice pack for sir his face doesn't look right" they both stare at each other and just stay like that, Taehyung feels like Jungkook wants to say something but couldn't form words. After a while Jungkook takes a deep breath and smiles dryly.

“The same, hollow, dark and lonely” he answers, pity flickers in Taehyung’s eyes, he looks around at the arrangement of cameras and lights, press was there to interview Jungkook for writing an article on him and though Jungkook hated press of all but Jay was determined for this one, said it is important as an idol he has to go through these things whether he likes it or not but Jungkook was not the one to lose so easily, so he watches Taehyung and then smirks getting on his plan to do what he wants.

“I can be better though” He says, that draws Taehyung’s attention towards him “If I can get to drink while giving interview, it calms me” he shrugs casually, Taehyung just stares, stares for quite a moment before sighing.

“You know for an idol you sometimes thinks so lowly of yourself, you are the boss here, interviews should be done on your conditions not request” Taehyung raises an eyebrow, it was time for Jungkook to gawk at him unable to counter it, Taehyung understanding his dilemma just winks at him, patting his shoulder.

“I will be here, will watch it too, if you feel it is too much for you just an action would be enough, I am good at convincing too” he smiles leaving Jungkook there, speechless.

In a few minutes there comes a tray with Jungkook’s favorite whiskey and glass, he smiles and straightens up as the interviewer sits across him, camera focused on him fully, they talk to each other simple greetings, Jungkook just drinks casually looking between cameraman and interviewer.

“I am afraid sir but you are not allowed to drink while recording” the person says. Jungkook looks at him bored, expecting it.

“Then maybe you can wait and delay it a bit because I have to empty this glass, while we are at it, would you like one too?” he asks, making the interviewer frown and shake his head, Jungkook shrugs and goes back to drinking. Jay on the other hand was glaring at Jungkook for his antics, Taehyung watches calmly, it was a good display of emotions from Jungkook and he wanted to look at it more deeply.

“Can-can we start now” the interviewer asks Jungkook sighs emptying the glass and telling him to go on.

The interviewer quickly looks at the cameraman who informs that at the count of three they are ready to record. He clears his throat.

“We all know how much you hate interviews and specially us who ask you some personal info other than music” he starts Jungkook cuts him into it.

“But still you are here and I am too” he looks at the camera giving his charming smile more of a smirk, and Taehyung smiles too for his cockiness.

He continues “I know our music is good we are breaking records, they talk about it when we are together but you have these interviews we are asked mostly questions related to us so I am prepared go on sweetheart”

“Are you thinking of expanding your dimension going for solo albums?” Jungkook listens to him attentively, head resting on the back of his palm.

“I guess our albums already contains solo songs I don’t need individual one” he says looking away at a wall not exactly liking the question.

“Last article talked about your being not stable emotionally and you got lots of criticism for it”

“You still won’t remember the one who criticized me but will always remember me, that’s what shows the difference between them and me and so their opinions never counts or matters to me” the interviewer chuckles with the answer.

“I am the luckiest one maybe to interview you”

“Oh you are darling I am not always in the mood, need a thorough pushing for it” he looks at Taehyung for a brief second.

“And about emotional instability tell me one who is not, I am the one who just showed it to others”

“Do you like touring? Does it makes you happy?”

Jungkook looks at the direction where Taehyung was, their eyes meet for a fraction of minute “Like it yes, music is something I was born to do and I love to show it to my fans they are important apart from that i am now looking more ways to find the happiness having my friends with me around.” Taehyung feels as if those words are directed to him but then knowing Jungkook for sometime tries not to get his hopes high.

“There are many competing you now, quite a few getting good recognition. Do you think it will affect Freed's popularity?”

“Freed has come a long way, we fight, love, bicker but when it comes to music we are one and do our best, you have the best members in Freed, so it’s good to have competition to brush the dirt from our poor souls, makes us get the zeal too, Freed won’t be easy to back down so easily, we worked hard, put make up” he chuckles “and the kinds of moves that I hated to do sometimes, I think it will not go down so easily” he laughs. 

"Last question"

"Go ahead I can guess though what it will be"

"What do you want to say about the article claiming you are stealing all the limelight"

"Boy, you are young you have no idea what this entertainment business actually is they want news they make it I want music I make it but mine is more genuine and real there's fake, Freed breathes together no one can compete each other among us what ya' think someone will tell me to be drummer and I will out do Hope no...we are together and together is Freed."

They end up the recording making Jungkook sigh in relief getting away from there to his room. He wanted to smoke or maybe drink anything to do but right now wanted to leave the god damned place. After signing the album for the interviewer, getting pats for doing good from members and staff, he looks for Taehyung bit seems like Taehyung was not there so he goes to his office to take rest, after sometime he walks out leaving for his house.

As he walks out he finds Taehyung leaving the main exit and hides himself spying on him, the man just walks across the street standing near the street lamp when the light shower pours in, he quietly looks hiding behind the wall. Jungkook looks up and then at Taehyung in worry thinking of helping him but then he sees Taehyung opening his arms looking up in the sky and when he looks back down it's not rain drops but tears covering his face. Jungkook completely hides himself taking deep breaths after mustering courage he looks back but Taehyung was already gone like the wind.

What exactly was that, he thinks for himself!

_______________________

(Notes from Taehyung's journal entry)

Life gives us lessons in many ways I am getting it from Jungkook, that person doesn't even know he is light for many, I want to become his light….am I asking too much? Is this wrong way to think for someone? I just want to take his pain away even if that makes me leave nowhere. 

Jungkook I will always be there for you.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹