"...and knowledge is priceless."

You thank the heavens that you missed his whole spiel about books, the blind girl has an unimpressed look on her face. "Hm. Sounds like good times." She sounds utterly unimpressed as well, which is reasonable. While he may be kind, you will always defend professor Zei there, but his speeches are tiresome at best.

"Oh, it is!" He says cheerily, disregarding her lack of enthusiasm, "According to legend, it was built by the great knowledge spirit; Wan-Chi Tong, with the help of his foxy knowledge seekers."

"Oh! So this spirit has attractive assistants, huh?" the Water Tribe boy dumbly asks.

With a shove, the Water Tribe girl responds, "I think he means that they look like actual foxes, Sokka."

"You're both right! They're handsome little creatures. Wan-Chi Tong and his little knowledge seekers collected books from all over the world and put them on display for mankind to read. So that we might better ourselves." He smiles as he pulls out a scroll of the library and displays it on the table, and you sigh realizing that he's reeled a couple more suckers into his crazy plot.

The Water Tribe boy-- Sokka speaks in realization. "If this place has books from all over the world, do you think they've got info on the Fire Nation? A map, maybe?"

"Wait a second, we aren't getting involved with the Fire Nation, are you crazy? Zei, we should go-"

"No. These people need our help."

You stare him in the eyes, "Do you remember what those savages have done?"

"The Avatar is our best hope to stop them, Y/N."

After a second's hesitation you sigh, "Fine. Sorry, I'm just on edge here. You can't trust anyone anymore." You say. They all nod and look back at Zei.

"If a map exists at all, that's the place it'd be." He says, after a moment.

"Then it's settled!" Sokka exclaims, turning to the Air Nomad, "Aang, I do believe it's my turn. I choose to spend my vacation at the library!" he animates the last part as if it's a declaration of war and you groan. It's quiet for a second before the blind girl speaks.

"Uh, hey! What about me? When do I get to pick?"

"You gotta work here a little longer before you're qualified for vacation time." Sokka retorts, she slams her drink down, crosses her arms and grunts in annoyance. She's new to the group. You note.

"Of course, there's the matter of finding it. Me and Y/N have made several trips to the Zi Wong Desert and almost died each time. I'm afraid that desert's impossible to cross."

"Professor, would you like to see our sky bison?"

"A sky bison?! You actually have one?!"

With that, he's convinced so you trail the group with the blind girl until she finally speaks, "I'm Toph." she says.

"Y/N" you reply, "That kid's really the Avatar?"

"Yeah. Weird, isn't it?"

"Weird doesn't scathe the surface. We were supposed to go on a tracking mission, just as guys, then we end up flying on a bison with a monkey that can also fly and the Avatar to dig up dirt on the Fire Nation. But screw it at this rate, you know?" She smiles at this as Zei shoos away sandbenders from the sky bison. "That thing is ridiculously huge." you say, looking at it as everyone climbs up. Zei helps you onto the saddle and the air bender says something that makes the thing lift into the air. You screw your eyes shut and hold the saddle for dear life. As time ticks on, you feel more comfortable, but more restless. Sokka's taken his shirt off and everyone's cranky after a while. It doesn't help that Zei reveals that the library might not even exist, which really ticks off Toph. Eventually she decides to blurt out a blatant lie, which everyone hilariously falls for.