chapter 36

emersen's pov:

Ever since Connor and I had finally told the world about our relationship, this relief inside of me has been gone and I couldn't be so much better.

With Connor and my family by me except my teammates. I still hadn't confront them and I couldn't.

I couldn't confront them after revealing my relationship and it was humiliating for me to talk to them. Obviously, with Matthew, he's been nothing but the best teammate ever I've had and I was a little bit scared talking to him.

But today, we have a game against the Boston Bruins and I think it's time that I should let it go and engage them for the first time.

"Ok, babe. I gotta go," I mumbled and Connor pouted. "Please."

I softened because I despised it when he accomplishes that all the time and he eventually sighed before pecking my lips. "Ok, fine...See you later, baby. But! Please, no fighting."

I scrunched up my nose and quietly hissed as I positioned my hand under my chin. "Can't promise that, babe. Sorry."

I chuckled and snatched my phone as I wandered to the front door. I peeked behind and glimpsed at Connor, relaxing on the sofa while his gape on me.

"I love you, Em." He stated and I giggled before spotting my hand on the doorknob and emptying the door and closing it after.

"Love you more, Connor." I mouthed and he grinned.

"Have fun, baby." He yelled and I chuckled, waving at him. He waved back and lifted up the remote as he shook it around. I grinned, nodding as I understood what he was committing and I left later after.

•••

As I made it to the arena, I parked my car and clasped my grip on the wheel as I sighed deeply before unlocking the door beside me. I got out and slammed it as I locked my car.

I sighed later again as I looked around and sauntered through the entrance. The securities stood beside the wall and they noticed me, lending me a small smile as they shortly nodded, notifying me everything was good. I then provided them with a small smile back and tightened my grip on my bag as I reached to the changing room.

I looked around and the guys looked up at me as they gave me small smiles each time. I blinked slowly and gave them a pleasured smile as I positioned my bag on the bench. I slowly flopped on the equipment on me. A voice was therefore heard, "Emersen."

I whirled myself and glanced at Matthew, bridging his arms as he stared at me. I bit my lip and smiled awkwardly.

"Hey, Matt." I nervously mumbled and he smiled gently.

He opened his mouth and stuttered before saying anything, "Um. I just wanna say that," He paused as he gulped and I lifted up my forehead. "Congrats on your relationship with McDavid."

It was my turn to gulp and I widened my eyes as I slowly blinked a couple of times before smiling.

"How did you know?" I said, dumbfounded and he lifted his eyebrow before proceeding.

"It was obvious, Em. I can see your face." He rolled his eyes and I giggled. "Ok. What were you going to say?"

"I know this is crazy. You thought I would act different," he paused and I chuckled shortly, agreeing. "But, I'm happy for you."