chapter 18

connor's pov:

After playing with the flames a few weeks ago, Leon lost his mind when he fought with Campbell and I don't blame him.

I thought she was just a regular girl playing hockey but until I saw her how she played, it also lost my mind. How amazing she was during the game and the periods and I wonder who even had taught her like that.

Why she is even taking advantage of hockey anyways. She's just a dumb girl achieving her 'dream'.

This is so stupid.

I shook my head away from the thoughts as I stretch my neck and my arms before hyping the rest of the Oilers.

The Oilers stepped on the ice and the Rogers Place erupted into cheers. The energy was unmatched. I loved living and playing in Edmonton more than anything.

I then heard bunch of boos going to the flames and a smirk crawled on my mouth, a relief I didn't know I kept in.

"Stop fucking smirking, dumbass." A familiar voice was heard and I immediately dropped the smirk, turning my head to the flames bench.

Tkachuk shook his head and I raised my forehead and then smiled as I nodded at Zack Kassian and he smirked, getting on ice before going to Tkachuk.

He pushed him hard and then throw bunch of punches at each other and I winced but stopped as I looked at Campbell, grabbing the back Kassian's jersey. The whistles became heard and I immediately pushed the guys who were in my way on the ice and ran to Campbell, wrapping my arms around her very tightly.

She looked at me, "Let me the fuck go, McDavid," she gritted through her teeth and I shushed her. "don't fucking shush me. Why the fuck did you bring Kassian to fight with Matt?"

I widened my eyes a bit and she squirmed, attempting to let go but I didn't want to.

How did she know that?

I dismissed her question and snatched her away from them as the referees grabbed them by their jerseys into a fist and took them into the penalty box.

"I swear, McDavid if you don't let go of me, I'll fucking rip your face." She threatened me and I looked at her as I didn't really care.

She grunts loudly with annoyance and looked away, still struggling to get out of my clasp. I smirked as I pressed my body the back of her body and I felt her froze.

I jerked my head to her ear, "You know you look cute while being angry."

I grinned and saw her widen her eyes and then smirked. I plopped my smirk and grimaced.

What is she intending to do?

She looked tall than I thought until standing beside her. I felt her move closer and pressed hard on my bulge. I froze. She giggled, "What happened, Connor? Did something happen?"

She smiled innocently as I tightened my jaw. She then finally escaped from my arms and I stood there, yet frozen.

Gaudreau came and grabbed her arm while he glared at me and looked away as he looked at Emersen.