Stuck

Pumpkin was currently washing his paws in the bathroom. He was going to help Volleyball prepare dinner. As he turned the doorknob to exit, the door didn't open. He tried again. He checked to see if it were locked. Of course, Pumpkin had locked it for his privacy. He unlocked the door and tried once again to open the door. However, the door's handle came clean off. He barked worriedly.

Volleyball was washing the lettuce for the salad when she heard Pumpkin's barks for help. She walked down the first floor hallway. "Pumpkin? Where are you?" She heard the barks emit from the bathroom. She tried to open the door, but the handle came off on her end too. She gasped. "Uh oh, you probably won't like this, the door handle came off..." Suddenly, Volleyball realized something. "Oh no, did your handle come off too?!?" He barked.

Volleyball thought. "Hm... I think I know a way to get you out."

She went outside and walked around the house to the window at the bathroom. Pumpkin was scared. "Don't be worried. I'll get you out." She opened the window, but Pumpkin was too big to get through. "Oh no... okay, stay calm, I'll get the others to help."

Everybody was gathered at the bathroom door. "Okay, Pumpkin is stuck in the bathroom, we need to get him out. If all fails, we call the fire department."

"I think we can use some of these tools to help." Pearl revealed a toolbox. "Okay, stand as far back from the door as possible, we're going to try and open it.", Volleyball called to Pumpkin.

Volleyball first tried using some oil on the hinges, but that didn't work.

Pearl tried wedging open the door with a piece of wood they had in the garage, but it had a similar response.

"Well, time for a last resort."

She called the fire department.

Operator: 911, state your emergency.
Volleyball: My pet is stuck inside my bathroom, and we can't get the door open.
Operator: Alright, how long has the pet been in the bathroom?
Volleyball: Roughly 20 to 30 minutes.
Operator: And what type of pet exactly?
Volleyball: A pumpkin.
Operator: ...your pet pumpkin is stuck in the bathroom?
Volleyball: Yes. He's scared, and I'm scared, please help.
Operator: Okay, we're sending a fire truck and ambulance to your location. Thanks for calling.

Volleyball hung up. She heard a whimper from the bathroom. "It's okay boy, we're gonna get you out."

The fire trucks arrived outside. A crowd stood outside trying to catch a glimpse of the firemen. A news helicopter was above their house, filming for the news. A news van rolled out, and Sardonyx, who was filling in for the usual reporter ran in with the camera crew. "We're live in three, two..."

Live from Channel 8 Studios, Seastar Network presents Beach City News, with your anchor, Ron Burgundy, and meteorologist Carl Major.

"Good evening, I'm Ron Burgundy. Our live top story, a pet is stuck inside a family's bathroom. We now go live to Sardonyx, who is filling in for our usual reporter as a special guest."

"I'm standing outside the first floor bathroom of Volleyball Universe, who is rather concerned about her 5 year old pet pumpkin named Pumpkin."

Pumpkin recognizes the voice, but didn't know if it was her, or just a joke. "Volleyball, explain what caused this."

"Well, I suppose that the door was getting rusty, and the handles just came off."

The firemen were able to pry the door off with the crowbar. Pumpkin ran over to Volleyball and hugged her. "Pumpkin! Come here boy!"

Volleyball smiled and gave Pumpkin a belly rub. "And it seems that two happy friends are reunited with each other! Oh, how I love a happy ending.", Sardonyx exclaimed. She knelt down and held the microphone to Pumpkin. "So Pumpkin, how did you feel in there?"

He barked nervously. "Oh my. Must've been rather scary. Back to you at the studio."

The group dispersed. Sardonyx decided to take the rest of the day off. "Well, I think we should do something special for dinner. How about we go for some pizza?" Pumpkin nodded, and everybody, including Sardonyx, went to the nearby pizzeria.