Pumpkin's Fundraiser

Volleyball came downstairs. She saw Pumpkin waiting patiently at his food dish. She giggled, kneeling to his eye level. "I guess you're ready for breakfast?", she greeted. Volleyball let Pumpkin pick his favorite can of dog food, and after opening it, she poured the contents of it into his food dish and watched as Pumpkin ate the food. She filled his water bowl with water.

The family ate their morning breakfast, some sunny side up eggs. After finishing, they went to go watch some TV. All except for Pumpkin, who was still drinking his water.

That is, until he heard Blue gasp from the other room. "Pumpkin, come see this!"

Soon, Pumpkin was approaching the couch, watching the news to see what Blue called him over for.

The TV network that Sardonyx worked at was currently burning. Pumpkin was really surprised. He sat in between Volleyball and Blue. Blue held Pumpkin's paw to be ready to comfort him.

The footage showed Sardonyx being carried out by firemen. Luckily she was uninjured. "Calculations estimate that roughly 10,000 dollars worth of property was destroyed. The CEO released a statement, stating that until the building is fixed, all production will be suspended."

Pumpkin looked like he was about to cry a river. "Don't worry. I'm sure she'll be okay." Pumpkin smiled, still a bit sad, but understanding that Sardonyx was safe.

The girls were playing video games about an hour later, with Pumpkin cheering them on through barks. Pumpkin walked from his resting spot on the rug to Volleyball, climbing up to the spot next to her on the couch. "Hey buddy. You feeling good?" The dog nodded. But then he started to sweat. He wiped some of the sweat off his forehead with his tail. "I know. It's pretty hot out today. You wanna make a cool treat?" The dog nodded, following his owner to the kitchen. He liked when they made treats.

She brought him to the table, and they made some lemonade. They started by adding squeezed lemons to a pitcher of water, and adding a little sugar. Then they added some ice cubes and poured some into cups for the girls. Everybody thought it was perfect, Pumpkin especially.

Volleyball got an idea. "I just got an idea!"

"Pumpkin, you seemed sad earlier about Sardonyx's TV studio burning. So we should all get a job at my workplace and pool our money together to help her. Does that sound like a plan?" He nodded. Everyone put their hands together and went off to get the money.

They talked to Volleyball's manager, Mr Blik. "Sorry Volleyball. I know you're on my good side and I know you want to do it to help someone, but I can't give EVERYONE a job here.", Blik sadly told her. "But I'll tell you what."

"Do you know that vacant restaurant about a mile from here?" Volleyball nodded. "Well, I bought that a few days ago. I was going to turn it into a sister location, but seeing as you need it more than us, I'll be signing the deed to you."

"You'd really do that for me?", Volleyball asked. "Yup. Besides, the dog is pretty cute.", he replied as he pet Pumpkin. "That's Pumpkin. Pumpkin, I want you to say hello to my boss, Mr Blik."

Pumpkin waved with his tail. "Well, I can't thank you enough, I might not be able to come into work for a little bit, but I promise to work overtime when I do."

Mr Blik laughed. "No, it's okay, it's all fine. I'll even pay you for your much needed time off."

Pumpkin was the manager and mascot.
Yellow was the cashier.
Blue was the cleaner.
Steven was the mechanic due to him being good at mechanics and inventing, and an additional cashier in case things got hard.
Volleyball and Pearl were head chefs.

Volleyball helped him get into his suit. "You look like a professional business owner now." He barked happily, smiling.

Pumpkin opened the restaurant.