Chapter 7: The Trouble with Women and a Pig

Jax pulled into the T-M lot a happy man. His first weekend home had been more amazing than any scenario he had imagined during his last six months in Chino. Having spent the bulk of it with his new family, it was like a slice of paradise to wake up with the love of his life cradled in his arms and to have Abel run into their room each morning to jump on their bed.

Abel simply amazed Jax. His son was by no means perfect, but he was a good-natured little boy, despite all of the trials he had endured in his young life. He could be a little demanding and there had been times during the weekend where he was most certainly his mother's son. Abel was extremely possessive of Jessie, just one of the many traits he shared with his father, but Jax had quickly moved to establish his authority over his son. Although at times he would see Abel looking at him with a curious expression on his face, Abel was quick to realize that his daddy was a force to be reckoned with.

After parking his bike in its usual spot, Jax strolled towards the Clubhouse. Although Church was traditionally in session on Friday evenings, impromptu meetings were held during the week as well on an as-needed basis. But today's Church session was special as it would be the first meeting that Opie and Jax had been able to attend in over fourteen months, with Jax being officially reinstated as SAMCRO's VP.

Spotting Piney at the bar, Jax shook his head as he looked at the time on his pre-pay before shoving it back into his pocket. Piney had one of Bobby's blueberry muffins in one hand and a shot glass in the other, as Opie tried in vain to keep the bottle of Patron out of his father's reach.

"Son, you are the glorious product of my wayward sperm, but if you reach for that bottle again, I'll kill you and make me another one." Piney growled.

Slapping a hand on Piney's back, Jax grinned at his former drinking buddy. "Hey, old man, why are you trying to kill yourself at 9:00 in the morning?"

"Maybe because you young runts are back and my peaceful days at this bar are officially over." Piney shot back. Swinging around on his bar stool, Piney faced Jax.

The young Turk looks so much like his father, Piney thought proudly.

Looking at Jax and Opie standing side-by-side, Piney felt as he was looking at himself and J.T. so many years ago. Young and fit and having escaped the hell of war in Vietnam, they had come together to become the co-founders of the Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club Redwood Original. Seeing his two brothers back in the fold, so to speak, moved Piney.

Here is the future of the Club, he thought, and I know it will be a good one.

Leaving all the sentimental bullshit behind, Piney grimaced. "Get your asses in the Chapel. We've been waiting on you."

Church had been in session for almost an hour. After sharing their experiences with their brothers about their lives on the inside, it had taken time to bring Jax and Opie up to speed on fourteen months of Club business since they had last sat around the Redwood table.

Business had been good while SAMCRO's two youngest Sons had been in the joint. The gun business continued to run at a steady pace and, with the exception of the Niner-Mayan beef that Opie and Jax had run into that landed them in Chino, things had continued to run smoothly and, above all, peacefully while they had been away.

However, it hadn't been so quiet for Bobby Elvis. Because Jax was only in for a short time and the Club couldn't operate without a VP, Bobby had been appointed as Acting VP in Jax's absence, in accordance with the by-laws of the Club.

Bobby, who still had his duties as Club Secretary to attend to, had been kept pretty busy, so Happy, who had been looking to make the jump to a charter closer to his mother, was brought in to help tackle some of Jax's duties. With Otto asking the Club to assume running Cara Cara Productions after Luann's passing, providing SAMCRO another opportunity to earn legitimately, Clay had tapped Bobby to handle the books and assist Jessie with the day-to-day running of the porn studio.