Chapter 3: Going Home

The car pulling into the lot was unfamiliar to Lowell. A fixture at T-M since he was fifteen, Lowell was pretty good at remembering the vehicles of the garage's regular clientele. Reasoning that it was probably someone passing through needing an oil check or something, he got confirmation when he saw the plates that clearly identified it as a rental car. He pushed his shades up to his forehead and, squinting in the glare of the sun, faced in the direction of the car now parking in one of the spots that ran along the front of Teller-Morrow Auto. He pushed himself off the picnic table in front of the Clubhouse where he had been enjoying a break and headed toward the garage, grabbing a dozing Half-Sack and dragging him along.

"What's going on, Lowell?" The younger man asked, a little annoyed. After all, he had been on his break. Lowell said nothing but gestured with a slight nod of his head to the car. The car's engine died and its driver got out, with Lowell getting a great view of impossibly long and lean legs and a lush and curvy ass as the driver reached into the car to grab her leather handbag from the front passenger seat. The supremely fit figure was clad in sexy black from head to toe. Lowell smiled and raised an eyebrow approvingly.

Half-Sack saw the change in expression and followed Lowell's gaze. His eyes widened as the driver's head finally emerged from the car. "Oh, man," He moaned as a cascade of long, black hair danced in the warm breeze. "I call dibs," Half-Sack said as he broke away from Lowell and quickened his pace toward the garage.

"What?" Lowell called out, dumbfounded as he practically ran after Half-Sack. "I saw her first, douche bag!" Normally, Lowell would never consider stepping over a Son to get to a woman, but since Half-Sack was only a Prospect, he figured all bets were off.

Juice, also having heard the car enter the parking lot, left the Audi he had been working on and headed toward the newcomer as he wiped engine fluid off his hands with a dirty rag.

"Can I help . . ." Impressed with the view he was getting from behind, the words died in his throat the moment the driver turned to face him. "Holy shit!" Juice ran to the woman. He grabbed her by the waist, lifting her off the ground, and swung her around.

Lowell, finally getting a good look at the woman's face, said in a low whisper "Holy shit! That's my Guardian Angel!"

As Juice finally set her on the ground, the young woman held onto his shoulders to steady herself as the world passed before her eyes.

"Goddamn, Juice, happy to see me?" She beamed up at him. Juice, who was smiling like a fool, just grabbed her again and hugged her within an inch of her life.

"Hey, Juice, who's your friend?" Half-Sack called out nonchalantly, right before Lowell grabbed him by his shoulder and pulled Half-Sack behind him.

Juice, finally breaking his embrace, turned towards the two men, his arm protectively around her shoulders. "Sack," He started, "This is Jessie Morrow."

Half-Sack's smile fell off his face and his jaw hit the ground as Lowell pushed Juice aside to hug Jessie. Pulling away from his embrace, Jessie looked up and smiled as she gently caressed his cheek. He was looking good and sober, making Jessie proud. "Hey, Lowell."

Looking over Lowell's shoulder, Jessie made eye contact with Juice as they both noticed the Prospect's stupefied expression and both started laughing.

"Oh my," she started. "The thoughts that must be running through his head." Jessie said to Juice.

"Hmmm, what could her relationship to Clay possibly be?" Juice laughed.

"Oh, put him out of his misery, would ya?" Came Tig's voice from the garage. "She's Clay's kid," Tig said as the young woman turned to face him.