𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚎

🛸

🛸 . . . ˗ˏˋ september 12, 2020 ࿐ྂ
—— -͙ – - first day of senior year
˚ ·
* ˚

✎ᝰ KAIRI internally groaned at the sound of the annoying default iphone alarm ringtone. he was dreading this day since the last day of junior year.

he absolutely hated change, he liked his life the way it was. he didn't like the nerves that came with new experiences. the thought of having to interact with new people in multiple new classes made his stomach twirl, not in a good way.

he snuggled his teddy bear, taking in the scent on the sheets of the floral detergent his mother loved using one last time before lazily getting up.

his stomach was all over the place, his body gently shook and shuttered due to the nerves. he rolled his eyes heading to the bathroom to do his business which just consisted of him brushing his teeth and washing his face with his new acne wash of the week, none of them ever worked.

he eventually got dressed, having trouble tying the new pair of simple white air forces he had bought the day before due to the fact his hands were completely trembling. he finished tying them the best he could, approaching the mirror to see if he looked atleast decent.

"mom said to hurry if you want to eat breakfast, she wants you at the bus stop early." maiya said startling him, due to her busting into his room without any warning.

he simply nodded as he watched her leave. he cringed at how bubbly she was to go back to school. he secretly envied her, she seemed perfectly fine even though she was starting a new school while he was terrified of just moving up a grade level.

he disconnected his airpods from the charger, grabbed his backpack, looking at himself in the mirror one last time before leaving. he trotted slowly down the stairs, heading to the front door.

"wait!! aren't you going to eat?" his mother asked genuinely worried, peaking her head out from the kitchen door frame.

"no thank you mom, i don't want to be late." kairi lied, not only was it his thing to skip breakfast and lunch, he didn't think his stomach could handle food that morning. his mom didn't need to know that though.

the crisp humid morning air hit his face as soon a he walked out. he had to walk a block down the neighborhood just to get to that stupid bus stop on time. he honestly couldn't wait to get his license so he didn't have to deal with the loud teens who thought it was cool to disrespect bus drivers to fit in.

several minutes passed and the bus still wasn't there, his nerves accelerated. school started at 8:30 am but the doors opened at 8:15 am. it was now currently 8:16 am, there was no way he would arrive early in time to figure out where his first class was in time before the bell rung.

just as he was getting ready to walk home and get a ride from his mother, the bus arrived. he mounted the packed bus, having no choice but to sit with a senior who thought it was cool to take up half the leg room, asshole. now kairi was nervous and uncomfortable with half of his small body hanging off the bus seat the whole 15 minute ride.

just like he thought, the bell had already rung meaning everyone was in class right now. he was glad he marked the school map with his classes, making it easier for himself.

he walked to homeroom dreading the fact all eyes were going to be on him for being late. you have to be fucking kidding me. the door was locked, so kairi anxiously knocked. now he was for sure going to be the center of attention.

he heard the teacher stop the discussion, which meant everyone would have their attention directed to him.

the teacher opened the door, smiling at him. kairi slightly smiled back at him, instantly going to the first empty seat he saw, trying to avoid all the awkward glances.

he sat down and took his airpods out of respect, one falling on the floor due to the shakiness of his hands. he sighed and leaned down to grab it, failing due to the fact it was under someone's chair.

"here." a raven haired boy called out, handing him the airpod.

kairi blushed at the fact their fingers brushed together due to the small airpod being almost impossible to grab due to his sweaty hands. how embarrassing kairi thought.

he finally got a grip and mumbled a small thank you along with a sly smile to the tall boy who returned the smile. kairi's stomach was twirling, now with butterflies.

maybe senior year wouldn't be that bad.

-

༉‧₊˚➪ yeah 🏃🏻‍♀️💖

thoughts?