Chapter 5: Desperate Much?

Start from the beginning

This blonde bimbo wasn't going to change that fact.

Never again.

The words whispered inside my head until they were the only things I heard.

Smirking at her, I grabbed Seth's arm and pulled him over to my side. Sending him what looked like a seductive look under my eyelashes when I was actually glowering up at him, I teasingly traced a pattern on his bicep with my finger.

"Honey, there's nothing for me to compete against." I drawled in a fake southern accent.

It was my turn to stare disgustingly down at her which, was a big feat as I was several inches shorter than her.

I looked back her, eyes mockingly."You're just that easy."

Several oohs and burn echoed from the crowd that had been gathering around us.

Her face twisted into a dark snarl and I was hit with the full force of that animosity before she turned beseechingly to Seth.

"Sethy are you just gonna stand there and let her insult me like this?"

I mentally snorted in disbelief as the bimbo managed to glare and pout seductively at Seth at the same time.

Did she really think that look made her attractive? She looked like pufferfish covered in makeup.

Let's not forget the thorns she was shooting out of her eyes at me. And the slightly smug air around her like she knew Seth would take her side just like that.

Well, she couldn't be more wrong.

He said shrugging unapologetically. "Sorry Cindy, the truth hurts."

She stiffen up and just seeing that look of such outrage and fury made my day.

Damn, I wish had my phone to take a picture it.

I could have totally printed it out and drew fake mustaches and eyebrows on it. Childish, I know but everyone was a secret child in their heart. And hey, I never said I wasn't still a child.

"My name's Stephanie." Ice would have broken at the hardness in her voice.

All it did was try to make me break my stomach from laughing too much.

Seth reached back to scratch his head in a was-it?-well whatever expression on his face.

"Well we didn't really have any time to tell each other our names did we?"

I couldn't help teasing him, "Yet she knows your name, Sethy?" I asked straight face when all I wanted to do was roll on the floor and laugh my butt off.

I lasted, oh 3 seconds before my stomach couldn't handle it anymore and I burst out laughing.

Oh god... Seth was... Jesus... my stomach...

Seth turned to glare at me but the twinkle in his eyes said differently.

"Shut it, Angel."

"Yes do shut up you skank." Stephanie said sidling up to Seth from the other side. Apparently appeased by his words.

She gave me a death glare.

"Can't you see when you're not wanted? Or are you just that desperate?"

"Stephy, Stephy," I said, finally able to contain myself to shake my head sadly at her before giving her a pity look.

"Its not good for you to keep insulting yourself like this. But then again, that's why you keep picking up men isn't it? Because you are just so pathetic that you need that ego boost."

Her face turned beet red and if this had been a cartoon, you would have seen the steam coming out of her ears.

"You fucking bitch!"

"I'm sorry, I don't see a mirror around here."

I made a show of looking around before turning back to her.

"Insulting yourself and now seeing things?"

I swirl my finger beside of my temple. "You might need to go and get a check up there Stephy."

Seth chuckled by our side and leaned back against the lockers.

"Ladies, I know I'm hot, but there's no need to fight over me."

We both ignored him and went on glaring at each other.

She took a step forward, trying to intimidate me with her height and I mentally scoffed.

Raising an eyebrow, I mockingly flashed her a glimpse of my bared teeth.

Her black eyes flared and a low almost inaudible snarl ripped from her throat.

My eyes widen slightly in disbelief and confusion.

Did she just-

BANG!

From behind me, the door slammed open and everyone's eyes flew to the source but mine.

There was a tingling in the back of my mind telling me that something was wrong. There was something- fishy about her.

But what?

And it hit me like a shot.

"Her eyes are blue." I whispered to myself uncomprehendingly.

But they black just then. I thought frantically trying to remember if it had been black or blue. Why the hell can't I remember?!

Is she wearing color contacts? But I don't know of any contacts that changes your eye color.

I watch as her eyes (the blue seemingly to mock me) lower into "seduction mode" and she smile poutingly at the new arrival.

"Alex!" She yell running past me.

I stiffened up and my whole body froze.

Alex.

A wave of overwhelming despair and hunger crashed through me.

The voice in my mind whispered his name. Slowly pronouncing each syllable as if in awe. As if they never want to let it or the person ever go.

Alex.

Hot flashing emotions that I couldn't begin to name seared through me and I only managed to choke back a gasp.

My heart was beating so fast I thought I was experiencing a mini heart attack.

As if in one of those slow motion movie, I turn around to see Stephanie throw herself at a guy who was undoubtedly the reincarnation of the god Apollo himself.

Everything inside of me vibrated... become that much more alive.

Alex.

And as if hearing my silent call, they both turn towards me.

|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|

tbh i wasn't so sure about this chapter....

it just felt off you know??

Comment about what you think below here!

I'll try to update again soon but no promises because exams are almost here and did i mention I ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY LOATHE MATH

ugh go die please.... TT^TT

.

.

.

anyway

Like!

Vote!

&

Comment!

~ Lin