Chapter 4

A/N: This is not what I intended for this chapter, but sometimes my characters do the dictating, and this is what Otis made me write. It's a little shorter than my usual chapters, but there are events in here which are important to a future chapter. I guess what I'm trying to say is Otis knew what the fuck he was doing when he made me write this out XD

--------------------

"Cherry..." Otis shook my shoulder.

"Hmm...wha'?"

My eyes fluttered open. It was dark. I had no idea what time it was.

"We stopped ta take a leak. You gotta go? If not, you should prolly check yer pad and stretch a bit."

Drinking all that Ginger Ale earlier had a definite effect. My bladder was full.

"Uhh..." I cleared my throat. "Yeah."

"Alright, c'mon. Cutter's already inside," Otis said.

Grunting, I sat up slowly. My sanitary napkins were in a bag at my feet. Reaching inside, I retrieved one and stuffed it in my pocket.

"Where's that Ginger Ale?" I croaked. "I'm thirsty."

Otis pulled it out of another bag and handed it to me. While I drank, he hopped out of the car and swaggered over to my side. Opening my door, he extended his hand. I capped the bottle, sat it on the seat, and grasped his hand. He helped me out of the car and kept a watchful eye on me in case I got dizzy, which I did. The world spun, my ears rang, and my vision turned fuzzy.

"Woah..." I muttered. "Otis..."

"I gotcha, mama," he said. Gripping my hips, he flattened me against him. "It'll pass."

Fisting his shirt, I tried to focus on him. His scruffy face rotated like a Ferris wheel with 8 different passenger cars.

"There's so many of you," I murmured. I tried to steady the spinning by touching his cheek, but I missed and my hand submerged into his hair instead. "Oh, shit. That ain't yer face." Giggling, I rubbed his hair between my fingertips. It was knotty yet soft as silk.

"Just keep lookin' at me," Otis said, his tone serious. "Hear my voice?"

"It's muffled." My eyes crossed. Dropping my hand to his shoulder, I clasped it. My knees weakened and my body sagged. "I think I'm melting."

"Shit, fuck!" he growled. "Cherry!"

Grabbing my ass to hold up my body as I swayed, he caught my jaw. It took every ounce of strength I had to uncross my eyes and concentrate on his mouth.

"What?"

"Look at me. We're only an hour away from Charlie's." Otis leaned in so close, his breath wafted up my nostrils. He smelled like cola. His tongue snaked over his lips, his intense eyes traveling over my face. "We need ta git inside and git out so you can rest."

"I just remembered I got a fuckin' robe on and look like absolute hell."

He chuckled, his crooked front tooth visible. "Who the fuck cares?"

"Yer right. Fuck it."

And just like that, my dizzy spell ended. My blurred vision returned to normal, and the ringing in my ears dissipated. I blinked a few times to clear my perspective. Otis's lips were only about an inch away from mine. All I had to do was push up on my toes and our mouths would touch.

"Ya alright?" he asked, stroking my cheek with his thumb.

I nodded. "I think so."

"Good. Let's go."