1 - The Third Great Prophecy

I do not own Percy Jackson characters or settings, all I own is the plot and some OCs if I decide to add some in. I'm only going to say that once, it's pretty obvious.

The following scenes contain death of major characters.

Percy looked around the battlefield, watching demigods and legacies of both Rome and Greece fight together against the waves of monsters that kept flooding in. He decapacitated a skeleton that was coming at him, and what surprised him was the amount of effort it took. He was just so bone tired.

A cry filled his ears, which very nearly killed Percy itself. "Annabeth!" He cried, and ran towards the sound. But he was too late. He arrived just in time to see her fall, her throat slit by a cyclops. She must have been so scared. A cyclops... he thought back to when they were 12 and Annabeth was so nervous, so against spending any time with Tyson, who was about as harmful as a skittle. Years later, she was killed by a cyclops, the very same kind that had killed Thalia. He held her hand as she died.

Next to die was Jason. He was impaled by a rogue demigod, and Gods, Percy would never forget the pain in Jason's sky blue eyes as the light left them. Piper was there for Jason, she had sang him a melody of a better place, over the rainbow. Percy was glad Jason didn't live long enough to see her get blown up.

Frank and Hazel fought together, and died together in a fire. Leo's screams were heart breaking. No doubt he blamed himself for not saving them. Perhaps that was why he gave up so quickly when he flew Festus up with Dirt Face herself. Percy opened his palms. Before he died, Leo had shaken his hand. Only now did Percy realise it had been Leo's way of giving him the Physician's cure. A final, half-hearted joke, and Leo was gone too. As he held the still-full vial of cure, Percy kneeled in the dirt that would never feel like home again.

They were all gone.

Character death scenes over.

The days passed in a blur. Will had quickly healed Percy's physical injuries, and went to fix up the more critically injured demigods. Later, he would find out that most of them were past the point of a chance for survival. He ate in his cabin. He slept in his cabin. He existed in his cabin.

Percy Jackson was just so tired.

The only bright parts of his life was when his old friend Rachel Dare came to visit on her breaks from mortal school. She pushed Percy to eat, and made sure he was sleeping. That made Percy want to laugh. It seemed like sleep was all he ever did. He had taken to taking some sleep medicine from the infirmary each night, so he didn't get any night terrors, however he knew that Will didn't approve. That didn't stop him.

Rachel would keep him happy. For a little while anyway. When she left, Percy would go back to bed, and proceed to stay there until it was time to get his medicine.

"Percy, I'm taking you off your sleep medicine." Will had told him one day, as he walked into the infirmary looking for his daily dose.

"But Will-"
"I'm sorry, Perce, but this has turned into an addiction and I can't let you take any more. Your body needs sleep, real sleep. Not the half sleep, half unconsciousness the medicine provides."

Percy knew the son of Apollo was right. But the thought of the night terrors that were sure to come was unbearable, so he acted without thinking properly and surged forwards to the cabinet where the medicine was stored. Percy grabbed the bottle of pills and ran out, ignoring Will's instructions to drop the bottle and calm down. He reached his cabin and locked the door, flinching a little when Will got Nico to rap on the door.

"Jackson, you'd better get your ass out here this instant before I personally bash the door down." The raven haired boy growled from outside Percy's locked door.