10 : Lost thoughts

Start from the beginning

"Actually, we might. But Agent Parton wishes to see you inside first"

Great she thought.

Rachel sighed, really not the first person she wanted to interact with in the morning at the precinct. "Alright, thanks deputy" after he nodded, she entered the building. Walking towards her desk that just beside the window view at the distance her eyes caught, she already noticed a silhouette from a figure near her desk. The person turned around and crossed his both arms, it is the one and only Samuel Parton. "Detective" he greeted as Rachel put her bag down along with her remaining cup of coffee on the desk. She cornered a glare and put of her hands on her hip. "What do you want?" she asked.

"One of the deputies had visited one of the address that Luna had once gave you to check up on, he reported back some horrific view..." Rachel raised a brow, he handed out a picture. She widened her eyes when her vision landed on it. The pile of bodies she had seen the other day with Tanner. He handed out another piece, containing the picture of the sewer she saw. Her heart beat was out of tempo, she was sweating heavily. Rachel was terrified, she didn't want to be discovered. That she was indeed helping a killer to get away. She knew it was too late.

"...the question is, why didn't you report about this?" he continued.

"Jesus..." she gasped. "I-i didn't know there was another building at the back. I just checked the front building and went off because it was clear...i'm so sorry" she closed her mouth in disbelief.

Fuck Rachel was screaming inside her mind, it clearly wasn't her fault. But luck wasn't on her side as well. "Hold on, you knew Luna was the one who sent me the address- Did you really went into my personal conversations?" she asked.

"Is that really important now, Rachel?"

"That still didn't change the fact that you invaded my privacy"

"Well you should be grateful to me for not reporting you with the lack on your work"

She scoffed and looked away, he got her there. She didn't know how to respond, this was a fatal action. If they found evidences, Tanner's identity could be discovered, and she will be screwed. A deputy called Rachel, they told her to be at the location for further searching. She grabbed her bag back and looked at Samuel in the eyes, then left the precinct.

*****

There were tons of deputy and forensics at the place, there were a couple of journalist and reporter at the front. When Rachel stepped out of her car, a journalist spun her head around and screamed "Detective Colton!". Instantly, all of the others started to flooded towards Rachel. Rachel tried to walk past with the help of a deputy, but one of them caught her ear. Saying "Is it true that you didn't investigate the back of the building?", Rachel widened her eyes. She frowned, "Fucking Parton" she mumbled. After she went inside the police line, she sighed a relieve. Even though there were more things to be worried.

She grabbed a mask and a pair of gloves from the forensics and approached the back of the building. She was intense. Why wouldn't she? If he got discovered, automatically she would be discovered. Lots of forensics were taking photo evidence, gather some samples, then there was one forensics members who was waking a print on the metal door. Rachel's eyes widened, she flashed a memory in her head. Remembered that Tanner's hand grabbed the handle. Rachel schemed inside her mind, figuring a way to obtain the evidence and throw it away. But that would cost problem, they'd figure out if the evidence had been thrown away, the suspect would only be her.

"What do we have Angel?" Rachel asked one of the members of the forensics she recognized, she spun around and handed a paper containing some information. "Nine females,..." Rachel focused her attention else where as she was telling all the victim's name. Her eyes gazed through the report, all of the victims seemed to be injured badly.

"...and the time of death are different with each one another" Angel finished her statement. Rachel nodded then putting the evidence in her bag, Angel left her be. Rachel then had an idea. She was wearing the same clothes that she wore when she visited Luna, where she met Agent Parton there. Meaning his prints was still there. After she noticed one of the forensics member finished planted a fingerprint on the plastic plate, she followed the figure. Approaching the table, the person put it inside a clear box of evidence. Rachel walked to the side when the person turned around, then she grabbed another clear plastic plate and brushed some dust on her clothes. She planted the plastic then, bingo. Parton's print was on the plate. She replaced Tanner's prints with it, while carefully looking if there is someone there or not.

Rachel then went off, entered her car and hope for everything to go the way she planned.

To be continued
Hey guys im back! I really hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as i did. Fun fact, i love detectives in novels but i also love antagonists. Lmao maybe Rachel is pretty much both. Anyway see you in the next one!