Another general raised her hand slightly, asking in a worried tone, "Question, if I may?"

"Go ahead,"

She cleared her throat, "There have been rumors going around that is causing tension among the soldiers."

"And those are?" Faust raised an eyebrow, eyes getting cold.

The general pointed at a kingdom, "Icier. There are rumors going around that they might join the war."

Joana and August both looked at Faust, the king blankly looking at the general. He sat there, hand propped on his armrest while his chin rested in his hand. The king sighed, "Those rumors are correct. Icier has officially joined the war."

A panicked chatter broken among the generals.

They all knew right away that Icier definitely allied with Arcadia and Scarabi. 

A man burst out, belting, "We're surrounded! We can't possibly win like this!"

"Icier has amazing defenses," Another said, "Combined with Arcadia and Scarabi's military... we might be a lost cause."

"No information about Icier has been shared among the kingdoms in ages! We don't know anything about their military or fighting!"

"They can't be that hard to defeat! Icier has been isolated for decades!"

Faust sighed, rubbing his temple as the patrons in the meeting kept arguing.

Joana coughed, fixing her glasses. She found all this unnessecary chatter annoying.

August blinked, silently ignoring the worried qualms of everyone.

"You will never win."

Faust flinched, freezing up when that voice spoke in his head.

"You're tired, please, sleep, Dear."

Faust growled to himself, muttering, "Shut up."

Joana glanced at His Majesty, raising an eyebrow. She noticed the slightly glow coming from the Moonstone. Frowning, she stood up and clapped his hands, gaining everyone's attention.

Joana collected her papers, sternly saying, "Meeting adjourned. We shall reconviene first thing in the morning."

A busty old general jumped up, pointing an accusing finger at Joana, "But- There is still so much to-"

"Meeting adjourned. His Majesty is tired," Joana glared at the general. Then her eyes darkened, scanning everyone in the room, "Unless, you'd much rather not let His Majesty rest well? Wouldn't you want your king to be well?"

There was a guilty silence that fell over them.

Joana nodded, "I thought so. Everyone, out."

As Joana ushered everyone out of the meeting room, she looked back.

Faust still sat there, furiously rubbing the side of his head. His eyes were closed shut, face wrinkled in pain as he gritted his teeth. A small trail of blood dripped from his nose.

"Is there something wrong with Faust?" August asked, not seeing the king clearly since Joana was blocking the doorway.

The alchemist shook her head, "He's alright, just been getting headaches lately. Old man stress. Now, go on. I'm sure you have paperwork to do."

August nodded, turning around and heading to his office.

Joana let out a relieved sigh. She looked back again, spotting the Moonstone glowing even more.