Mine Again - Bruno x Reader

Start from the beginning

"You can't just promise me something like that," you scolded with an eye roll.

"Cara, it's true."

"But what if there's someone better than you?"

"There isn't."

"Why can't you understand how much this hurts me?"

"I do," Bruno replied, stroking your hair.

You took a deep breath before you spoke again. "I want you to quit."

Bruno had jolted in his seat, removing his hand from your head quickly. That was when things escalated out of control. A shouting match ensued that left both of your throats sore by the end.

But not as sore as your hearts when you called things off later that same evening.

It had been months since Bruno had seen you. You made conscious efforts to avoid places you knew he'd be, successfully dodging him for a while. This chance encounter tonight was unexpected, though you would be lying if you tried to say that you didn't miss him.

The next evening, you entered Libeccio at the agreed meeting time. Though you did your best to convince yourself that this wasn't a date, you still dressed up for the occasion.

Upon giving Bruno's name to the host, you were lead into the back room where Bruno was already waiting for you. He had clearly dressed up for the occasion, too. Gosh, had he always looked that good in white?

"Please sit, bella," Bruno prompted, waving his arm towards the table.

You took your seat across from him, swallowing nervously. The candles in the room, the dim lighting, the ever so subtle music playing in the background. This meeting had every indication that it was a date.

But it wasn't.

"I'm glad you agreed to see me again, tesoro," Bruno said.

"Stop it with the pet names," you scolded harshly.

Bruno's eyes widened. Unhappily, he agreed.

"Fine, (Y/N), whatever you want," he responded.

Somehow, your name rolling off his tongue produced even more butterflies than the pet names had. How were you ever supposed to resist this man?

"How have you been?" Bruno asked.

"I've been... fine," you lied.

In truth, you had missed him every day since you broke up. Falling out of love is supposed to be easy when you don't see that person for a while, right? So then, why did Bruno's face have to stick in your mind like glue, never leaving your thoughts for more than a minute at a time?

"That's good to hear," Bruno responded cheerfully.

An awkward silence fell over the two of you as the meal began, a waiter bringing appetizers for you both to share. Your hands bumped when you reached for the same piece of bread. Your skin burned red hot from his touch, a reaction he was still able to produce after all this time.

"I'm sorry. Here, it's yours," Bruno said, withdrawing his hand.

You didn't want him to take his hand away. You wanted to hold it. Bruno was thinking the exact same thing, though he assumed you weren't.

The meal continued, light conversation sprinkled in here and there as you ate. It felt like you were tip toeing through a field of broken glass the entire meal, being careful not to step in a certain spot that would leave you hurt.

"How is Risotto?" Bruno asked suddenly. He hated the way that name sounded.

"Oh, uh, he's alright," you responded.

Inside, your mind raced with a million questions. Why would he ask about Risotto? Was he jealous? Was he simply curious?

Bruno was definitely jealous. Terribly, horribly, completely and entirely jealous. He missed you more than any words could ever describe, but how did he tell you that without ruining everything all over again?

The meal came to a close all too soon. Bruno walked you out of the restaurant. Not truly wanting to say goodbye, you offered him a small wave to hide the disappointment that would surely shine through if you used your voice.

As you turned to leave, you felt a hand grab your wrist. You turned around again, eyes locking with Bruno's blue ones.

"May I... walk you home?" He asked hesitantly.

"I'd like that."

You began your walk in silence, though that quickly changed as you fell back into your old habits, laughing and joking with Bruno in the same way you always had. It was impossible not to be swept away by him in every single way. All too quickly, you arrived at your front door.

"Well, here we are," you said disappointedly.

"I know. I remember," Bruno replied flatly.

You blushed slightly, though you weren't sure why. "It was... really great to see you again."

"(Y/N)..."

Fearing what he might say next, you looked away. You were surprised when Bruno took your chin in his hand and turned your head to face him. He forced you to look into his blue eyes, those damned blue eyes.

He knew those were your weakness.

"(Y/N), I've missed you. I've missed you every single day. Please..." he said, "please don't make me give you up again."

Your breath hitched in your throat. How were you supposed to say that you wanted that too when nothing had changed? He had told you during dinner that he was still involved with the mafia. Could you really overlook that?

When you didn't answer for a minute, Bruno released your chin and sighed. He closed his eyes and you snapped out of your trance, those spellbinding irises now blocked from your view.

"Bruno... I-"

"I know. You're with Risotto now, and I shouldn't have said anything anyway."

You began to tear up and shook your head. Bruno remained looking away from you, not noticing the fat tears that rolled slowly down your cheeks. You grabbed his hand in yours and he turned his head, gasping quietly when he saw your sadness.

"I've missed you, too," you told him, your voice wavering as you began to cry.

Quickly and without warning, you pressed your lips to his. His eyes widened in surprise, still shocked you returned his affection after all this time. It wasn't long before Bruno kissed you back, wrapping his arms around you and pulling you close.

You ran a hand through his hair while his hands clung tightly to your sides. His tongue slipped into your mouth, instantly finding the perfect rhythm in the way he always had. This feeling. God, you had missed this feeling.

He pulled away after a minute, eyes wide with panic. "What about Risotto?"

"Last night was our first date, there's nothing official going on between us. It had taken me this long to even try to get over you," you explained with a chuckle, soft tears still falling from your eyes.

"Oh mia bella," Bruno replied, wiping away your tears with his thumb, "I could never get over you."

~~~~~~

Hi! I'm so so sorry that it took me so long to complete this request! I've been really busy and had very little motivation! But it's done now and I think it's really cute! I hope you like it!

Lemme know what y'all think! Peace!