"What happened, my lady?" Aragorn asked as he began ripping off the sleeve of his tunic to turn it into makeshift bandages.

"Nearly eaten alive by Orcs," I whimpered as Aragorn hastily tied the fabric around my most dire wounds.

I noticed that Boromir wasn't with them. I wasn't really surprised considering he had been shot with three arrows. I don't think even he could survive that.

Me and Boromir may not have been on good terms but I wasn't so cold-hearted as to wish him dead. We may not have got on well but I respected him as a fighter and it is a pity he is dead.

"We need to get her to a proper healer," Legolas suggested as he took some of the bandages from Aragorn and began to patch me up as well.

"Just try and stop the bleeding." Aragorn stated, "Try not to move her too much."

I hated feeling helpless and vulnerable. It was the one thing I detested showing, especially to men because I knew that some - like Boromir - would just put it down to me being a woman.

However, I felt content in the knowledge that the Fellowship in front of me genuinely cares for me. I still hated being vulnerable but at least they weren't mocking me or taugnting me for being captured.

"Where's Merry and Pippin?" Gimli asked when he determined I was stable enough to answer.

"I don't know, I'm so sorry. I lost track of them so quickly and before I knew it, I was running for my life."

"It's ok, it's not your fault," Legolas patted me gently on the shoulder.

I didn't even feel up to making a sly comeback. Now I knew I wasn't myself, I couldn't even threaten Legolas which was one of my favourite things to do.

***

After what seemed like hours since their arrival, most of my wounds were either bandaged up or were already healing over.

I had noticed that all three of them were carrying my weapons. They had apparently salvaged them from the fire the Orcs and Uruks were burning in.

I thanked them over and over. Not only did they save my life, they recovered my most prized possessions; my weapons.

To my surprise, Legolas had insisted on carrying my axe even though only a week ago he told me it was too heavy for him. I didn't question it however until later that day.

Aragorn and Gimli were trying to set up a small camp because they knew it was better not to try and move me in my condition. As those two scouted out the forest, Legolas stated by my side.

I was about to fall asleep again when I sat a glint of blue on his tunic. That was odd, Legolas' tunic was green and silver. Perhaps it was just a trick of the light?

"Is that... My necklace?" I asked, finally making out the little sapphire.

"Yeah..." He coughed a little awkwardly, "I found it amongst the rubble and I thought you were dead..."

"So you figured you would, what? Steal it?" I mused with a smirk, "get your own sapphire."

He reached behind his neck and untied the necklace before he held it up and gestured to me.

I nodded gingerly and pulled my white hair up so he could lean over and tie it around my own neck.

"Why did you keep it?" I asked curiously as I looked down at the blue gem.

"I thought you were dead." He said again, this time looking away.

Before I could ask him to go on, both Aragorn and Gimli came back from scouting. It was then, Legolas stood back up and walked over to Aragorn.