Raven only shook her head, muttering a small, "I'm sorry." under her breath.

Viktor pivoted on the platform, looking around for his sister, "Някой да извади сестра ми от тази вода!" ("Someone get my sister out of that water!") He rushed forward, only being stopped by Hermione tugging on his arm.

As a bell rung loudly, Dumbledore walked forward, holding onto Viktors shoulder, "Relax, Mr Krum, she will be returned to the surface safely - along with Miss Delacour."

Fleur noticeably sighed in relief and relaxed into her chair as they all watched the lake expectantly. The Merpeople rose, lifting Neveah and the small blonde above the water - the two gasped as they breathed in a fresh breath of air, "Gabrielle! Gabrielle! Is she alive? Is she 'urt?" Fleur shouted out to Neveah who was helping the girl out of the water.

Neveah coughed up some water, weakly shouting back, "She's fine." As she watched Fleur fight with Madame Maxime, "It was ze grindylows.... zey attacked me.... oh Gabrielle!" Fleur rushed, finally managing to break free of Madame Maxmies grasp.

Raven stood up, guiltily walked over to where Neveah stood hugging Viktor, "Бях толкова притеснен." ("I was so worried,") Viktor said, holding onto her tightly, "Когато видях, че Рейвън е без теб...." (When I saw that Raven didn't have you....")

Neveah shook her head, pushing him back, "I'm okay, Dumbledore would never of let any of us die." Then, after her eyes had trailed over Viktors shoulders they landed on Raven who was slowly approaching the two siblings. Neveah shot past her brother, leaping forwards and throwing her arms around her best friend neck, "I'm okay."

"I'm so sorry," Raven said, the two girls shaking violently into the hug, "I tried - I tried so fucking hard."

Neveah smiled lightly as the two pulled away, "I know you did; I knew what I was signing up for when McGonagall asked if I would do it - I didn't even think about it when I drunk the tea to put me to sleep."Raven rose an eyebrow, a small smile threatening to break onto her face, "Tea?"

Neveah nodded, "Yeah, and that shit works fast; one minute I was sipping on my tea the next I was in the lake. I think I whacked my arm on the way down through down - I've got a bruise on it now." Raven couldn't suppress the snort that passed through her lips as her friend began trying to show her the large bruise on her left forearm.

Dumbledore began to speak, although he was stood by the waters edge alongside a group of Merpeople, almost as though he had just had a conversation, "A conference before we give the marks, I think."

Raven's leg shook violently as she watched the judges moved into a huddle, they began to chatter - and, whilst Karkaroff looked very uncooperative with the discussion (as he held a tight frown on his face as Dumbledore spoke,) Madame Maxime was nodding along eagerly - relieved that both French girls had returned to the shore safely, "Ladies and Gentlemen, we have reached our decision. Merchieftainess Murcus has told us exactly what happened at the bottom of the lake, and we have therefore decided to award marks out of fifty for each of the champions, as follows...."

First Ludo Bagman turned his attention to Fleur, although he still held his wand to his throat to maximise his voice across to the stands of students, "Fleur Delacour, though she demonstrated excellent use of the Bubble-Head Charm, was attacked by grindylows as she approached her goal, and failed to retrieve her hostage. We award her twenty-five points."

Fleur looked down at her torn up robes, "I deserved zero." she said, sadly.

"Cedric Diggory, who had also used the Bubble-Head Charm, was the first to return with his hostage, though he returned one minute outside the time limit of an hour," Raven smiled slightly at the boy, as he stood up straighter and beamed at the stands of students as they chanted his name, "we, therefore, award him forty-seven points."

"Raven Howendale performed extraordinary magic with her use of the Bewitchment Charm, also failed to retrieve her hostage, although arrived at the scene and managed to set tens free - leaving the task two minutes out of the time zone. We award her forty points."

Neveah latched on to the girl excitedly, "That means you're not last!" She said excitedly. Raven only shrugged, not caring about her score.

"And finally;" Ludo Bagman continued, "Viktor Krum used an incomplete form of Transfiguration," - McGonagall scoffed loudly at this (So did Karkaroff, but for clearly a different reason) - "Which was nevertheless effective, and was last to return - but with his hostage. We award him, forty points." The Durmstrange students - although they weren't nearly as many as the Hogwarts lot - created a booming cheer so loud, Fleur and her sister Gabrielle, covered their ears in distaste.

Once the cheering had calmed down, Mr Bagman continued speaking, "The third and final task will take place at dusk on the twenty-fourth of June. The champions will be notified of what is coming precisely one month beforehand. Thank you for all your support of the champions." Mr Bagman concluded.

Raven noticeably sighed in relief; everything was over - well, until the twenty-fourth of June, that is.

⚯͛

Began Writing 3/09/20 00:11
Published 28/09/20
14:20

I've had a crappy day today, I wrote up to Neveah and Gabrielle been taken out of the water when my dog got ill, last night. I've bearly had no sleep and he's currently fighting for his life in vets. I needed to do something to take my mind off of it, and I've just stopped having things to do and decided to write - it's 19:16 (obviously not published at this time) and I'm so tired but I had to take my mind off of things. Also, are they anything, in particular, any of you want to see before the third task - because, obviously I've got four months to fill - I have some things that need to be done, but after this book, I've pretty much written all of the stories out (inside my head of cause.)Also, I'm sorry if you thought I'd updated yesterday - I've decided to write all the books in this one. But, to make that work a bit of maintenance needed to be done.

 But, to make that work a bit of maintenance needed to be done

please consider voting and sharing