She places the clothes next to her to allow them to dry. Unfortunately, her saliva has managed to get onto them, a distasteful consequence of not bringing along a rucksack.

The fatigue that she has been trying to fight off comes back full force. Alia's eyelids keep attempting to close and eventually she gives in, slumber nearing.

Valen's receding footsteps catch the female's attention, although her eyes remain closed, unable to open. He can't leave her here, not like this! She tries to move her body to follow after him but remains still. Before Alia is able to make a sound of protest, sleep overcomes her.

 Before Alia is able to make a sound of protest, sleep overcomes her

Stirring awake, the resting wolf releases a large breath of air. Alia opens her eyes slowly, blinking until her vision clears.

Valen sits across from her, leaning against one of the two logs. The remains of a small fire lie near his feet with ribbons of smoke flowing into the air. His legs are bent, forearms resting on his knees as he casually tears pieces of meat from the cooked remains of a large hare. He brings each piece to his mouth, looking forward as he eats.

He didn't leave her.

Without looking up from his meal, Valen speaks, "you're awake."

She moves onto her paws and stretches her stiff limbs, glancing over at the now dry clothes next to her. Picking them up with her front teeth, Alia moves until she's completely behind Valen and drops the clothes again.

She closes her eyes and lets the transformation commence.

Now, in her non-primal form, Alia grabs her underwear and slips them on, followed by her jeans and a white t-shirt. She sits on the ground to put on her socks and boots, shrugging on her black, denim jacket right after.

With the push of her hands, she rises off the ground and makes her way over to Valen.

The female sighs, resting her head against the log adjacent to the male as she lies down with her arms and ankles crossed. Suddenly, she perks up and rises into a sitting position, looking over at him in alarm. "How am I this close to you?" She doesn't feel any of the previous effects of nearing him. Her breathing is normal along with her heart rate.

Valen grabs something from his left and offers it to the girl. It's a hare, cooked like the one in his other hand. Alia can't help but smile, "thank you." She takes the animal from his grip and leans back against the log. The smell coming from it has her stomach grumbling in anticipation.

"You sit here because I allow it." He says calmly, causing Alia to tense in response.

He looks towards her and stops taking meat off of his meal. "I have a few rules that you should be aware of."

Alia nods and turns towards him, giving him all of her attention. His white, captivating irises draw her into his every word.

"My mind is off-limits."