Chapter 4

Sage woke up the next morning to the sound  of her phone ringing she looked at it, still half asleep. She saw that is was Mase and she answered.

        "Hello" Sage said in a raspy voice. 

        "Sage where the hell have you been! We were out all night last night looking all over town for you!"

        "I texted you and told you I got a ride home with Trevor."

        "Better check again because non of us got a text and you weren't answering your phone."

        "Okay okay well I'm sorry it won't happen again, happy now?"

        "Please Sage next time call me or tell me in person."

        "Okay. I'm sorry Mason."

        "It fine. Catch you later?"

        "Yeah see ya."

As soon as sage hung up the phone she looked at her last text to Mase and realized she never pressed send. After texting Mase what had happened and apologizing she went to put on her clothes for her run. She looked out her window to admire the beautiful summer day like she had everyday to enjoy the great weather. She then slipped into some running Capri's and pulled them up to her knees. She pulled a old surfing competition shirt that she had cut into a muscle shirt over her head and laced up her running shoes. She pulled her long hair up into a ponytail. As she  passed the body mirror in her room she saw her bangs sticking up at an angle wear her ponytail started. She went into the bathroom to brush her teeth when she saw her older by 2 minutes twin sister leaning against the wall near Sage's bedroom door an slightly jumped.

        "Christ brinia what are you doing?!!?"

        "First of all Sabrina* not brina. Second of all I think the real question in what were you doing last night?" Sabrina said in that stupid snobby voice that makes Sage want to bang her head against the wall a million times.

        "What do you mean what was I doing last night I was here home. Having what I like to call no life. You know sorta like the way you live everyday." Sage said the last part in a snobby voice of her own, mocking Sabrina

        "Well then I guess I'll just go let dad know you were out last night. After all it is my word against your word flunky"

        "Fine." Sage said in a stern and obviously annoyed voice. What do you want"

        Brina did her stupid little smirk she always does when shes about to make Sages life ten times more miserable. Oh man how Sage would love to wipe that smile off her face. But she couldn't Sage is graduating at 17, her 18th birthday is one week after her and her friends plan to go to Northern California. Which means her parents can choose to keep her home. Sage needs to do everything she can to please them so she can go. "Your next 6 pay checks"

        "Hell no. I work hard for them. you could get a job you know instead of living off of Daddy's irely off of her own pay check. She payed rent to her parents, she bought all of her own grocery's, and all of her own equipment for her sports. When she left she didn't plan on coming back so she cut herself off from them as much as she possibly could. She pays for everything, no strings attached. She didn't want to owe the anything.

        "Fine, Da-"

        "Okay i guess we can to that but we make it 3"

        "Five."

        "Two."

        "Four."

       Sage finished brushing her teeth, grabbed her ear buds and iPhone and she was out the door going on her daily run. She really just needed to clear her head to think. Man she really didn't like her family. But family is family and she'd still do anything for them. She had two other siblings beside Sabrina. She has Justin who was 27 and graduated from college already living in Northern California. Justin and Sage were always most alike. Justin was the smart one he had 3 well paying jobs from the time her was 17 to the time he was 21. He finally saved up enough money by the time he reached 21 and got out. He traveled the world always sending Sage cool Artifacts and things he thought she would like from the places his visited. He promised Sage if she save her money he would take her around the world. He was the one who was getting her and her friends the house in Nor Cal. Then there was Cather she was like a mixtures of Justin and Sabrina. She loved to surf but she love my parents money even more. She was a junior in college and man, was she living the perfect life. Rich parents, rich boyfriend, she always got everything she wanted. Sort of like Sabrina. Sages parents favored brina massively over Sage. Sage didn't really care because Sage was happier then Sabrina will ever be and that's all Sage really Cared about was they keys to her happiness. Friends, Salt water, and Love. It soundsmega cheesy but it was true. Sabrina was a pleaser and Sage was just a free spirit. They were identical but were so easy to tell apart. From the way they spoke to the way they dressed to the way they wore their hair. Sage always wished one day she could make peace with her sister and her parents but she really didn't see it happening any time soon. Sadly. Sage stopped to get a smoothie and ordered her usual Strawberry, blackberry, raspberry, and blueberry combination and sat down to wait for her drink. While she was waiting she got a text from her group text she was in with all the people she was going to live with.

        "Annual Once a month Nor Cal meeting at mine and Jake's house tonight. 6. Pizza is on Jake tonight so don't worry about the money."