Chapter 2

Erin's POV
I unlocked the door to my apartment, exhausted from the long day at work. I stepped in the threshold of my apartment, hanging up my blazer and leaving my work bag by the door. I want nothing more than to take a long, warm bath and snuggle with my lil' miracle baby.

The past 3 years have been a roller coaster ride. Working with the FBI is nothing like intelligence. They're slick and high tech, and the cases they work are often high profile and can drag on for months, years even. My unit is great, all of them are super sweet and smart but again, they aren't like my intelligence family. To say that I miss intelligence would be the understatement of the year, especially him. I haven't talked to him since the day I left Chicago. But on the bright side, at least I get to see Hank a few times a year when he comes to visit me.

Soon after I moved to New York, I found out I was pregnant. Sophia Camille Lindsay. The sunshine in my life and the person that can brighten up my day at any given moment, even on the darkest and hardest days. Sophia is basically a duplicate of me, we pretty much look like clones compared to when I was younger. The only thing that's different is that she has her daddy's blue eyes and freckles.

"Mamaaa!!" I heard an excited yell as quick footsteps grew louder.

I bent down and she ran straight to my arms. "Hi baby girl, looks like somebody missed me," I smiled, placing a kiss on her forehead and taking in her sweet smell.

"Yessss," Sophia replied in her cute voice, giggling.

I stood up and carried her, hoisting her on my waist. I brushed her hair out of her face and placed another kiss on her temple as she laid her head down on my shoulder. "Were you good for Chloe today?" I looked at her before looking at our babysitter.

"Yes Mama," Sophia replied.

"She's always good, right Soph? And we had so much fun today," Chloe replied, smiling.

"Yesss," Sophia said excitedly as her eyes lit up. I went to sit on the couch, seating her on my lap as she talked my ear off about her fun day with Chloe.

Suddenly, my phone started buzzing in my pocket. I retrieved it out of my pocket, only to see an unknown number calling.
-
Short and sweet chapter that's easily one of the sweetest and cutest chapter I have ever written 🥺
Just a short chapter to catch you up on Erin's life now 😊💗

Instagram:
@linstead_love (edit)
@linsteadlove.ff (fanfic)