Chapter 9

"I can lend you money, if you want," I suggested.

She pouted and glared at me. Natawa ako. Damn, she looks so cute!

"Ayoko nga! Alam mo, hindi ko alam kung bakit pa ako pumayag sa kondisyon mo. Naiinis lang ako sa pagmumukha mo, e."

I gave her an innocent look.

"What did I do? I am just offering you my money! Do you think that's enough?"

Tumingin kami pareho sa perang galing sa mga sales ng book niya. She wants to bought her parents a house. If she only have that amount of money, baka sinlaki lang ng kwarto ko sa mansion ang mabibili niya.

"Bakit may sinabi ba akong malaking malaking bahay ang bibilhin ko? Yung sakto lang! Kontrabida," she murmured.

I can't help but to laugh. She treasures her notebook and her secrets hidden in there so much that she agreed to my condition.

Well, that's only a condition. I won't tell it to anyone anyway. I'll keep it to myself. Walang pwedeng makaalam no'n kundi ako lang.

"My friend is an engineer. I think he can help you with this..."

She sipped in her frappe as she replied. Her face lighten up.

"Oo nga 'no? Plus, I'm an architect too! We're match!"

"Hey," I snapped. "May girlfriend na 'yon."

She rolled her eyes at me. "So? Ano namang connect? Hindi ko naman siya gusto!"

"But you said you were a match! Hindi kayo bagay."

"I mean, he's an engineer! While I'm an architect! Perfect combination lalo na sa bahay na balak ko!"

"Tss. We can find other engineer. Yung babae dapat."

"Bakit ka pa hahanap? Sabi mo may kaibigan ka?"

Damn. I shouldn't have tell her about Walker! Thinking that she thinks they were compatible to each other makes me... damn... I've never felt this way... but... Fuck. I am jealous.

Bakit ba hindi na lang engineering ang kinuha ko noon?

She's not that sweet to me. But her face tells otherwise. She looks so innocent. An angel. But I knew better. Thanks to her notebook.

"Bahay niya 'to? Wow."

"Tss. Mine is bigger kahit na hindi pa man tapos."

"So, tinatanong ko?"

"Tss."

I thought on blackmailing her whenever she's treating me like that. Pero hindi ko magawa. She likes to tease me a lot. And her smile can stop me from that thought.

Shit. My heart!

"Lothar— oh! Your girlfriend! Hello! Pasok kayo," ang sabi ng asong chihuahua.

Hindi ako umangal sa sinabi niya. But Athena stopped, wanting to correct Walker but the dog already came in to his house.

"D-Don't worry. I'll tell him later."

Why do I feel like this? I swear I am not hurting. I am not! But, what the hell is this? Ano 'tong nararamdaman kong parang nalungkot sa inakto ni Athena?

Ayaw niya bang naging girlfriend ko kung sakali? Why did she acted like that? Pwede namang tumawa lang kahit hindi na matigilan.

I silently walked passed her and went to my friend. Ngayon lang ako nainggit sa isang 'to. He's happily in love with his girlfriend, na gano'n din sakanya. His girlfriend is now pregnant too.